Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Freya Grace Birth Story

This is a little late but here is my daughters birth story......
I was at a 1st birthday party when my waters broke at 16.45 on my due date. OH rang the hospital and the mw told me to go in at 1900hrs for a check up. My contractions started around 17.45. As I flooded every time I moved it was more like 20.00hrs by the time I got there. We did have to wait an hour or so as they were so busy but when they did attach me to a monitor my contractions went from every 20min to every 10 min and were getting more and more intence. My TENS machine was fantastic!!!! I totally recommend one to everyone. I kept moving, walking the corridors and even went for a walk around the car park at 10ish. The walk around the car park really helped as by the time I got back I was very uncomfortable. I had some Petadine at midnight so I could sleep. I got about 20 mins in total. At 3am I started on the gas and air, contractions were now painful so I got in the bath at 7. Worse thing I did as it made me feel worse. By this time I was contracting every 1-2mins and getting very vocal, LoL. At 8ish I was in so much pain and the contractions comming one after the other with no break and not needing to push I had an epidural. They slowed my contractions right down and sent my right leg very very numb. My contarctions slowed right down so around 13.30 I had to have a drip to intenify them again. I could still feel my contractions but not when to push. The midwife examined me and said that I could start pushing. I had to use the gas and air again as the epidural didn't do alot for the pain. After almost 2.5hours of pushing and alot of screaming Freya Grace was born 15.01 on the 19th October weighing a healthy 6lb 10onz.
She is currently looking so perfect, staring at me typing this.
And a note to my OH. He was fab. could never of done it with out him. He never left myside.
Got to go, Freya wants feeding, again.
Kerry
XXXXXX

Replies