Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Breech with severe SPD - anyone else been there?

Hiya
I have severe SPd, have to use 2 crutches in the house and struggle, using a wheelchair if my oh takes me out.
Baby has been breech for ages, showing no signs of turning so far - I have an apt for when I'm 37+4 with consultant to discuss options. MW says they might try to turn baby - has anyone else had this?
I really don't fancy it - its sore enough when mw tries to check position of baby!

I would love to have a natural birth but if baby still breech, scared what with SPD - would I be better taking section if its offered?

So sore and miserable most of the time - just fed up....now starting to fret that we have so much to do before baby comes it won't all get done. Oh is now signed off for 2 weeks with work related stress (so not like him) but I know he is worrying about me too...

I really feel that its taken the enjoyment out of this pregnancy cause I'm stuck in the house!

oh well, rant over - any advice really welcome.

Jac
xx
34+2

Replies

• Hi there,
    I know this is a late reply but I have SPD as well and I know exactly how you feel. I have to use a zimmer frame and wheelchair when we go out also. How depressing. I have worrid about labour for weeks now, I'm due tomorrow and its been such a struggle for me and OH, he has been so patient but he is starting to loose it a bit now. I've beenin slow labour for 5 days and am exhausted. I'm 3 cms dilated and having strong contraction pains. I've had 3 sweeps and all seem to make the labour come stronger. They put me on morpheine and codiene for 2 days in hospital last week and I've been on codiene and paracetamol ever since just so I can walk again. I've now found out the codiene has been prolonging the labour so I have come off those pills and have just taking the paracetamol now. I'm in so much pain but anything to get the baby out. I'm going back in to be assessed tomorrow and really hoping they will agree to break my waters to help the labour preogress as it should be.
    Good luck and dont be afraid to be admitted for pain relief. It did me the world of good and I had 1 1/2 wks of the best time with my OH, it was the happiest time being pain free. Now you are so far along there is little worry about the effect on the baby other than it getting sleepy and when it comes out a little withdrawn from the pain killers.
    Good luck and if you need to chat please get back to me
    x
  • Hi ,

I was breech at this stage and noone had noticed! I only had mild SPD so I can only imagine how bad you must feel. I also had kidney pain and was admitted for this and they eventually discovered he was breech at 38 weeks!

His bottom was locked into my pelvis it was agony so I wouldn't agree to ECV I was too scared! I opted for c-section which turned out to be great! The surgeon thinks it would have been unlikely for ECV to work and said it would've been sore!

Recovery from the section was nothing compared to the pain before hand I promise!

I wish you all the best and you'll forget it all when your precious bundle is in your arms.

xx
  • thanks girls, I appreciate your replies. Sorry not been on site for ages cause not been able to get to the computer - borrowed a laptop today.
    The good news is the baby turned a couple of weeks ago, after having moxibustion (acupuncture therapy) for almost a week. Unfotunately once his head was down, this made the pain worse and at times I have hardly been able to walk at all!
    I now have 1 day to go - the dr tried to do a sweep last week but it was too painful for me and she didn't want to hurt me any more. the midwife came to the house again today and tried again, but to no avail - cervix is too far back and too difficult to get to. I am booked in for induction on Thursday so only a few days to wait - hopefully it will work quickly and not drag and drag....
    I really want a natural birth with the pool so am hoping I don't have to have the drip which would make that go out of the window.

Joanna - I really hope you are ok and that labour has progressed for you. Fingers crossed you now have your little one in your arms!
    Take care everyone and I'll be back on to let you all know how the labour goes.

luv Jac
    xxx
  • Oops just seen your reply, sorry I am completely not on the ball today.
    I'm really hoping my mid wife will talk to the doc and we'll start to talk about being induced, you are so so so lucky.
    I need this baby to come out as well, I cant stop eating cake!!! HA