Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Last midwife appointment (41 weeks) - What to expect?

Hi

This is my first pregnancy and I'm over the due date. My next appointment with the midwife is on Monday, when I will have nearly completed 41 weeks.

According to my notes, this should be my last appointment... also, the Monday after being a Bank Holiday, the surgery won't be open anyway.

I had midwife-led care all throughout this pregnancy and unfortunately my midwife fell ill when I was about 25 weeks gone.... so since then, I have seen someone different at each appointment which has been a little frustrating.

Since Monday is approaching fast, I'm starting to think what to expect at this next appointment. Is she likely to refer me to more check-ups at the hospital? Also, is the midwife going to set some induction date or is that something the hospital decides?

Naturally, I hope for the baby to arrive by own accord - so fingers crossed.

Hope you can share some experiences.
Thanks,
Acey

Replies

• Options
    Hi Acey

Have you been offered a membrane sweep yet. Midwife will do to try bring labour on. she may arrange this with you for later in the week.

may also book you an induction date with hospital if you not gone into labour. Thry do where I live. She may visit you at home next week as midwife still work bank holidays.

Good luck