Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Could this be the start of early labour

Hi,

I am 37 weeks pregnant with my second child. With my first child I was 12 days over due date and had to be induced so I never really experienced any of the build up to labour signs.

Since saturday morning I have had extreamly bad lower back pains and like period cramps in my stomach. The pain in my back is pretty constant but the cramps come and go. I have been having a few quiet painful contractions but in no sort of pattern they can last from 30 seconds to a min and be from like 10 mins apart then nothing for a few hours. Also since saturday I have had extreamly loose bowels (sorry for this so early) say 6-7 times a day on sat and sun. Yesterday was only twice. I have read that loose bowels could also be a sign.

I am just a little worried as I am still in work and dont finish until Friday for mat leave and as I work 30 miles from home where my partner works I want to try and be a little prepared to get back home.

I was just wandering if anyone else has had similar experience??

Thanks

Replies