Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

did the sweep work?

Hey

For the last 5 weeks I've been in and out of hospital with severe pain which can't be explained. It basically feels like contractions but hasn't brouhght on labour. I'm now 36 weeks +2 and due to the pain plus I have obstetric cholostatis it was decided that I would be induced next thursday.

Was examined this morning by the docotr though, she says im 2-3cm dilated and the babys head is down. When she was examing me though, I'm pretty sure she gave me a sweep and just didn't say. She was moving her hand from side to side like a swishing - this isn't something thats ever been done before when I've been examined.

Now the contractions are much stronger and coming 1 every 7 mins or so. I'm unsure what to think. Is this just a more intense version of the pains I've been having or is this the start of actual labour? I don't want to call the hospital for nothing - I hate that place now with all the time I've spent there and I also hate being patronised non stop by the staff!

If anyone has any advice or tips for what could encourage the labour along that would be great!