Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

period pain at 38 weeks

I feel really silly asking this as this is my second child and im a nurse i should intheory know the answers. I am 38 weeks and have been getting period pains on and off for about a week. the silly thing is im not sure what braxton hicks feel like. I dont remember them with my first and my water broke with him followed by immediate hard labour. i just dont know if im experiencing braxton hicks or if im getting ready for imminent pain LOL. I do get the period pain in my lower back too. Any advise would be great love helen

Replies

• Options
    its just your body getting ready for labour. i was like this for a week before my labour started with my second child. you must not be far away from going into labour. you may have already dilated a little in preparation. i suggest you have everything ready to go by the door. buy some bottles of water ( with the easy sip lids like the lids they have on fruit shoots etc) and have them in the fridge, icy cold ready to go, they are a big help in labour, also a flannel that can be doused in cold water to cool you down ( to use in labour) these are things im taking with me ( things i never thought of last time lol) get everthing ready today sweetie, i think your very close. good luck xx
  • Options
    thank you ill keep you posted on how things develope. feel REALLY tired today and a little sick. so who knows. Also my pelvis is killing got loads of pressure down there. fingers crossed. xx
  • Options
    good luck xxxx
  • Options
    Hi! I'm in exactly the same situation. Waters broke at 37 weeks with first baby and then had a fast labour. I'm now 38 wks with 2nd and i've been getting really bad pains for past 2 days, but nothing else. Kind of hoped my waters would just go this time too, so I could know I was gonna go into labour. XXX
  • Options
    hi hun its best to mention it to your midwife. Im now 34 weeks and have had period pains on and off for a few weeks. It could be strong braxtons, but you should check to make sure x