Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

due date tomorrow not sure wheather in labour

for the past few days ive had really bad back ache and ive had quite alot of discharge to start with it was brown,now its yellowy i went to see my midwife yesturday and she said i had white blood cells in my urine so ive already had a show and when she felt my stomache she said that he was on my back quite a bit so i could have labour pains in my back but i keep getting constant back ache then it goes.She suggested that i had a streach and sweep but i said that its was ok but ive changed my mind do you think i would be able to phone the hospital to book me for one.My midwife hais already booked me for a induction for the 30th but she said i could have a streatch and sweep on 23rd which i would like because im hoping he'll be born before christmas.

Replies

• for the past few days ive had really bad back ache and ive had quite alot of discharge to start with it was brown,now its yellowy i went to see my midwife yesturday and she said i had white blood cells in my urine so ive already had a show and when she felt my stomache she said that he was on my back quite a bit so i could have labour pains in my back but i keep getting constant back ache then it goes.She suggested that i had a streach and sweep but i said that its was ok but ive changed my mind do you think i would be able to phone the hospital to book me for one.My midwife hais already booked me for a induction for the 30th but she said i could have a streatch and sweep on 23rd which i would like because im hoping he'll be born before christmas.

have you had lo yet?? I was due on the 16th and am now 10 days late.. been suffering with bad back ache (gets worse each evening) but other than discharge no other signs that I know of. . . Have had a sweep 6 days ago but didn't work. looking like will have to be induced on 30th but would prefer not to be, but have really had enough of being pregnant now!!
  • i was induced on 15th dec, and altho it was a bit of a shock to the system i am so happy that i was. it was well controlled and we were monitored really well.

good luck and i hope your LO is here safe and you are both well

• EmilyB - when you was induced did you have the option to move around at all or did you have to stay in bed the whole time??? ta muchly xx
  • hi, i was induced with my second baby. i was encoraged t move around but just didn'y want to. probably depends if you have the drip or not i just had the gel and then they broke my waters for me a few hours later. i warn you though, they will ask you to go in earlie but that doesn't mean there going to do it earlie. take plenty of entertainment coz they can leave you waiting a long time. good luck with everything xx:\)