Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

c - section

has anyone had a c section and given birth naturaly 2nd time round,as i am due my 2nd in sept and my 1st was delivered by section as he was breech, my lo is 5 months old, as i wud really like a normal birth as the recovery is long

Replies

• Options
    My oh's mum had a natural birth, a c/s and then 2 more natural births so yes it is possible although I think they monitor you more closely. Ask your midwife about it xxx
  • Options
    I think it depends on you, the time scale between births and your consultant. My daughter was breech and c-section, and when I had my son 2 years later I wasnt allowed to try naturally, they said the gap between healing and pregnancy wasnt safe, so I agreed and had a c-section. Im now expecting my 3rd and im definately not allowed to have a natural delivery, im even having it at a different hospital, and they still say its too dangerous.
    I would take the consultants advise, as at the end of the day, its a healthy baby at end of delivery that matters, and a healthy mam too.. I would take the safest options, but thats just my experience.
    There are some hospitals that let you, but you have a very small gap, so I have a feeling they might advise a 2nd c-section for safety.
    Good Luck
    caz xx

31 weeks
  • Options
    I have no experience of this, (i have one baby erin born naturally and am pg with no 2) i have read about it tho, a while ago its called VBAC vaginal birth after ceaserean. Try googling it, i just did and loads of stuff came up. I hope you get the birth you want. x