Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

funniest moment

did any thing funny happen whilst you were in labour? mine was a very fast labour got to the hospital and mw said can i do a water sample as i put the large cardbord cup thing there to catch the wee my waters broke and they were caught in the cup lol

Replies

• lol... i hope i have something to laugh about today . its my due day and i am not feelin any different
    fea x
  • mine too!!!

think im gonna go seriously overdue!

Sarah x
  • Well when i was in labour with my first little girl, my OH tells me he had terrible wind which smelt awful, but he said " i thought it would be ok to just let it go cause they'd think it was you"!!!!!!! How embarrasing image I was too out of it to deny anything! lol
  • not sure if this is funny but, during my labour i was monitored so had a strap around my stomach to measure my contractions which seemed to be coming every 10 secs which was extremely fast...mw then realised i was holding on so tightly to the strap it was actually me squezing the pad making it seem like i was having them, i didnt even realise! when i let go they went back to normal! x
  • lol! good luck to all who are due today xx
  • funniest moment was when the dr was trying to put in my epidural, but i hadn't turned off the Tens machine - he got an electric shock!! haha
  • cathyg thats fantastic lol
  • funniest moment for me was being raced through the hospital corridor by 2 midwives to delivery suite shouting "i can feel the head coming" when a friend of mine was walking the other way through the corridor! How embarrasing, i wasnt joking as isaac was born 5 mins after that.
  • Funniest moment with my first was when they told me to push and I couldn't feel anything because of the epidural...so just imagined pushing for england...promptly felt sick and went to throw up and babies head popped out! 2nd one, weed on one of the medical staffs feet when epidural was being put in as they made me sit up for it rather than curl in a ball...I thought that was hilarious!
  • cathy that is so funny it made me laugh out loud lol
    fea x
  • cathyg thats fantastic lol

He didn't think so lol.

Trouble was i then was in such a state (pain wise), i couldn't remember how to work the bloody Tens Machine, so couldn't remember how to turn the damn thing off. It was on full blast at this point too!!
  • hahahahahahaha
  • cathy that is so funny it made me laugh out loud lol
    fea x

keep laughing, it might start you off - hope so xx
  • my funniest moment was waking up to discover something coming out of me, called for midwife to say somethings wrong for her to say it's baby's head. i still had my knickers on. should have seen her face
  • my oh putting on scrubs as i had an emergency c section saying 'oh i feel like george clooney in er' sorry mate you dont look like him!
  • i had a homebirth at which the midwife arrived too late and my oh ended up delivering our son. the funniest moment was when i was lent over the sofa pushing and my oh goes - "errm babe.......dont you think it would be a good idea if you take your knickers off??) i was concentrating on the contractions too much to even think of it lol.
  • my funniest moment was when my husband had to try and prize the gas and air off me while the midwife changed the bottle. I thought he was stealing it from me. He thought it was funny that i replied yes to every question the midwife asked in a dreamy voice, while high on pethadine and g&a. haha
  • dont know about funny more really embarrasing. i was sick all over the poor mf. i filled her shoes and all. the funniest thing was my oh had just stood up to go call my mum and the poor mw sat down and said how r u honey and up it all came didnt even feel it. she went off shift half way through my labour and came up to the ward next day to see me. i could hardly look her in the face.lol