Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

anyone had bleeding due to cervical erosion?

(HAVE ALSO POSTED THIS ON PREGNANCY FORUM BUT THOUGHT ID POST ON HERE TOO, INCASE SOMEONE WHOS JUST HAD THEIR BABY HAS GONE THRU THIS)

has anyone had bleeding due to a cervical erosion in pregnancy? and does this affect the labour in any way?

i have had 2 bleeds, one at 25 weeks and one last week at 35 wks and that this was due to cervical erosion and have now been told i will most likely have to give birth in the labour ward (and have consultant led care )rather than at the midwife led unit as i am now classed as a high risk pregnancy/birth.

as far as i can see on internet and what they told me at hospital, a cervical erosion is just a change in the surface of cervix making it weaker and more prone to bleeding (ie after sex which was the case for me).

so i dont really understand why i am a high risk? could this mean something bad could happen at the birth?
i was ok about it at the time and dont mind giving birth in labour ward if this is safer but i just wondered what this actually means for the birth and why it is more risky now ??

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png

Replies

• hi hun yes everytime me and hubbie had sex when i was preg with my little girl i bled afterwards which was bit worrying but i was told it was just cervical erosion and not to worry.It didnt effect my labour tho n not sure y they have put u on a consultant ward.I am now 36wks into this pregnancy n havent suffered with it this time,hope this helps hanna xx