Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

is it labour?

hi everyone just wanting some advise i am 34 wks excalty with twins and i have been having low back pain and tightenings in my bum since friday night and then yesturday and then today tightenings in my pubic area. i am really uncomfy plus its not helping havin feet movin about under my ribs which is making me even more uncomfy.i foned the labour suite on sat and she said it was just probaly muscler pain. i have also been losing alot of discharge with as been blood stained and wondered weather i was losing my plug bit by bit?
does anyone have anyone have any advice for me? i dont want to be going up to the hospital for it to be nothing but then they wanting to keep me in just to be monitored as i dont see the point and don want to take up a bed when someone else might need it more plus i dont want to leave my 1 year old.

Replies

• Options
    hi sorry only just seen this, i suggest u phone labour ward asap if u haven't again alreday as altho i know its not great going and being monitored unnecessarily but u cld well be having somehting labouir like happening and best to be on the safe side. u can take ur 1yr old with u they ownt mind usually, not that they'll have a choice lol. the blood stained discharge cld be ur plug, but it cld also mean ur bleeding so that needs to be checked

take care xx
  • Options
    Hello, I am just wanting a bit of advice. My partner has been having some pains since yesterday. She said they feel like constant perod pains but every 5-10 mins she was getting sharp pains. she said they werent unbearable but still a bit painfull. these have went on since 6pm yeterday until this afternoon which they have seemed to ease. Her bump is really really hard and when she was getting the pains the bump was tensing up. we rang the hospital and they didnt seem interested.
    she is now 38 weeks and has gestational diabetes, baby was weighing 7lb 6oz last thursday.Also she hasn't felt baby move properly since yesterday lunch time.Is she going into slow labour.

Thanks
  • Options
    hi i wld suggest u phone labour ward again, tell them she's having regular tightenings, and tensing of bump, and that baby has gone very quiet, and that the pains are becoming very uncomfortable now and TELL them not ask but tell them u r coming in to be looked at, as she has gd she is considered at risk anyway so they really shld be getting her in to just give her the once over.... has she had any losses (like blood or waters? have the tightenings got any closer? how long are they lasting? take her temp if u can to hust make sure she's not getting a fever, while ur waiting to go get her to take a nice warm bath (not hot) and if she wants she can take some paracetamol but if she does she needs to tell the mws when u get to the hospital.

i can't tellu if she's in slow labour , only a mw/doc can do that once they've examined her but definately sounds like something is starting

good luck xx
  • Options
    Hello, thanks for advice. She hasnt had the pains now since yesterday lunch time. but bump is still really hard and no she is suffering with a bad back. we tried the bath and paracetemols.but didnt work. she has been getting excess discharge for the past few days. We are booked in for her to be started off on tuesday due to baby being big because of GD, and she is at hospital tomorrow for her regular growth scan and GD clinic.
    The pains were lasting for about 1 min but between 5-10 mins apart. we still havent felt baby move properly since the other day.

Thanks
  • Options
    if she's not feeling baby move properly then she shld really get checked over... don't feel like its a waste of time cos she's going in tomorrow anyway, the sooner the better, always best to be safe, and mws will prefer u go in and nothing be wrong than not go and something to have happened. she really shld be getting at least 10-15 movements a day, even little kicks but definately shld have notced them. it won't take more than an hour or two, phone ur labour ward or if u have a birth centre nr u, and say to them baby doesn't seem to be moving much and u wanna come in for a monitoring, or phone ur mw and ask if she can do a quick doppler reading. xx