Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hard Bump

Hello

I have 8 days to go and since wed night i have been getting braxton hicks but with period pains some i have to breath through and others arent painful at all. They have been coming every 15min then every 10 then they will disappear all together. My bump goes very hard too and for up to two mins at a time. I have been feeling sick also. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and does it sound like the start of labour???

Replies

• Options
    well, you can't have period pains during pregnancy :P

Sounds like Braxton hicks to me... I remember getting a hard bump every now and again. Ahhh the memories image Your baby is probably just getting in to position. The pains could just be its head going low down.

You'll know when you're in labour, believe me!
    Good luck when the time comes! image
  • Options
    Hello Karla,
    Is it u thats due on the 11 March...??
    Ive been getting period type pains and geting hot and tight tummy my midwif said its normal around this stage... Your body is preparing to have real contractions...
    But I dunno about mine being that painful or having to breathe through them hun...Maybe ring maternity assessment unit at the hospital and get these checked out...
    Take it easy hun..
    SWxx
  • Options
    I have absolutely no idea but it seems as though things are getting started! I am so excited for you! Good luck Karla!! X
  • Options
    hi karla... yes it definatly sounds like the beginings of labour preparations! But you can be like this for a few weeks yet so no need to panic! lol :\) ring the hospital when you have to breath through everyone of them and also they're coming every 4/5 mins without any breaks... also your mucus plug will probably go or even your waters.. but it definalty sounds like your body's getting ready to give birth... good luck xxxxxxx :\)
  • Options
    Eventualy someone else like me, im due the 20th march and have had this for about a week and a half now, even today when i was walking to the shop i had to stop to breath and get the pain away, perople looked at me as if i was mad :lol: my bump goes hard alot if im siting down and geting a pain i sometimes have to roll on to the floor on my knees, can feel baby moving stil except now i can feel the limbs right agenst my belly and then it makes my belly go tight again :S

xlisax
  • Options
    hi i'm due 36 weeks, i'm getting more and more painless pressure quite low and my stomach often becomes solid. i can't remember last time around.... x
  • Options
    Hi they are braxton hicks you will get period like pains when you start real contractions. im 37+4 and my bump keeps going really hard so hard that my sides feel like they are going to split lol Ive been reading up on them today as they have been really hard and apparently they soften the cervix ready for the real thing so not long now .