Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

pain relief, arometherepy?

hi everyone hope all is well. i was just wonderin if anyone knows anything about using arometherepy during laour.Can it help. My prefered pain relief is gas and air as i have a big problem with needles an the thought of an epidural fills me with dread although if nothing else does the trick then i will just have to bite the bullet. I am also hoping for a water birth if all goes to plan we will just have to wait an see. does any one have any ideas about what oils etc are best some one mentioned lavender or frankiencence.
Any tips gladly received. xxxxxxxx

Replies

• hello ive been looking in to alternative pain relief as i really really dont want an epi , if you decide to use arometherpy oils burn them at home before you go in to ladour when your relaxing so when you are in labour and you burn the oils your brain links the scents to being calm and relaxed. im giving hypnotherapy a go would recomend it seems good at the moment but i'll have to let you know in april lol!!!!!