Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1st Babies... was yours early? late? or on time?...

Hello all

Just out of interest, for those of you who have had babies, can I ask was your 1st baby early? late? or on time?

The theory is most first time Mums deliver their babies late.. however most first Mums I have spoken to have had their babies on time...

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Rachel
34+2

xx

Replies

• 15 days late and i think he'd still be in there now if they hadn't dragged him out by c-section!! there was no WAY he was coming by himself! x
  • And I thought it was us girls that were suppose to be stubborn! He is a little sweetie though.. worth the wait I'm sure. Happy New Year to you! xx
  • My first was 5 1/2 weeks early. No reason at all other than she was very nosey and wanted to meet her mum early. She weighed just 3lb 12oz and is now 15 months and doing great and everything she is supposed to for her age.
  • My ds was 11 weeks early,but that was due to me having pre eclampsia.He was 2lbs 11ozs but is a boisterious 2 and a half year old now!
    I'm hoping my next baby stays in a bit longer!!
  • My daughter was 4 and a half weeks early weighing 5lb 13! shes 9 months now n doin fab! good luck! xx
  • aww thanks hun, happy new year to you too....here's another 2 pics image hehe x

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1695/128/8/516184952/n516184952_377331_7524.jpg

http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v1827/128/8/516184952/n516184952_380220_2508.jpg

• WHAT A CUTIE!!! I hope he learns to use that smile to his advantage!!! You must be really proud xx
  • i was 3 weeks early, but got induced due to OC. my son was due today, and i could see me going overdue! however when i was induced my mw informed me that i was already 2cm dialated, so i wouldnt have had to wait too long anyway!!
  • Oh just wanted to say to mrsjbourne your son is gorgeous what a little heartbreaker hes gonna be and that smile could melt anyones heart how adorable.x.image
  • Unless she comes in the next 6 and a half hours (very unlikely for first labour) my first is going to be late! Good Lord I cannot imagine being pregnant for another 2 weeks, LOL I want a cuddle !
  • Amber was 4 days late - good luck with yours xx
  • Thank you ladies, what a great response! Good luck Chloe! xx
  • 1st- 10 days late

2nd- 3 days early. xxx
  • 6 weeks early!!! image
  • Hi

My little angel was right on time (the only thing I have ever been on time for ever!) - I just kept as active as I could, difficult I know, but just little things like giving it welly when I doing the hoovering and power walking to the shop or to my ante natal appointments (which were just up the road) I think this all helped.

I also started taking raspberry leaf tea caps about 10 days before EDD and ate fresh pineapple for breakfast, all old wives tales probably but it worked for me!

Good luck with it all - your little one will come when she is ready - but I didn't want to be hanging about x
  • My first baby was 5 weeks early, and weighed 6lb 6oz. Although he did have to go into an incubator for a while as he developed an infection, the two of us where in hospital for 2 weeks, which was not very nice. But am glad to report he is very healthy and normal and gorgeous.

Good luck and enjoy your labour, don't be scared it is an AMAZING experience. Does smart a bit though..................................

• Hi Rachel

My first baby was born at 36+3 (the very first day of my maternity leave!!!), a complete and utter surprise.

My second baby (now 7 weeks old) was born at 38 weeks exactly.

Bec xxxxxxx
  • 1st was 13 days late, 2nd was 11 days late!!

xx
  • My 1st was 5 days early.........then went on to no2 16 days early, no3 3 days early, no4 7 days late & no5 4 days late!!!

Also, bizarrely, my 3rd was my heaviest at 8lb 9oz......no4 was 7lb 1oz & no5 was 6lb 8oz....yet they were both overdue!!!! Go figure huh lol
  • Thank you everyone who has taken the time to respond and also to those who have sent best wishes. This is a lovely forum! I am very much looking forward to the arrival of my little one.

Queen Bee - thank you for your post, you have highlighted a huge topic, the more we all discuss these issues the more awareness is raised. I think you should post it as a fresh topic to reach out to more Mums. Thanks again.

Mummy x 5 - goes to show, babies are unpredictable! Hope your little troop are well and enjoyed Christmas, it must be great in your house this time of year!

Happy new year all xx