Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Twin birth naturally?

Hello ladies,we found out yesterday that we're expecting twins (non id she thought) and I was wondering if anyone had had natural births? I am really against having a C section unless totally necessary but can't find much info on the subject! I've had 2 natural births already,the last one was very quick (2 hours start to finish) and I feel like I've been thrown in at the deep end this time! I've NO idea what to expect,whether it's too different from a single natural birth,whether I'll have time to get to the hospital (40 mins away!) whether they are happy to allow natural births etc. Basically I have NO experience with this and would really appreciate any help! Thank you ladies!!

K 12+4

(also in Twin forum)

Replies

• i had mine 'naturally'. If your twin A is head down then youre usually allowed to try a natural birth. Its better for your babies to arrive safely though whichever they come!
  • My friend has identical twin boys last year but she had a planned section. It was advised that it was better and safer for her to have it that way. She found the section no bother and recovered great from it and really quickly.
  • Hi not much advice sorry but i know two women who have given birth to twins naturally. One was 11 yrs ago and the other woman gave birth a few years ago. She said she felt that when the contractions started they were a lot more powerful but both women had epidurals for the birth which is understandable!x