Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

rasberry capsules

hi im 39 weeks and just been and got some rasberry caps ..... does any one have any advice on a safe dosage ??? before i start taking them please would really appreciate your help !xx and any extra advice too .......x:\)

Replies

• Hi my raspberry tablets say take 2 tabs 2 times a day with warm drink. Have been taking them over a week now and they give me terrible heartburn! Just went to buy some more as my bottle running low and stupid woman in holland and barret asked why I was taking them! Wouldnt mind but was stood sideways and was blocking all natural light from the shop at the time.
  • ahh you poor thing ! i know how you feel,its as if people ignore the fact that your pregnant,i was brought up with good manners...... not once have i been offered a seat on the bus , when its full up they just stare at you and watch you stumble around !my tabs (400mg) say to take 3 -6 a day not sure i want that many lol x how far along are you?
  • Coming up to 38 weeks now and cant wait. I am sooooo impatient. Have 3 other children as well age 10 7 and 2. We were stopping at 3 but no 4 kind of just happened! Know what u mean about people ignoring you a man shoved me in tescos the other day and I hit the shelf and actually had a bruise across my bump! Felt like kicking him in the nuts but was so shocked at the time that people can behave like that.
  • Hiya I know exactly how u feel about men being ignorant towards pregnant women. I was shopping in asda last friday and a security guard accused me of wanting to steal a sandwich I'd paid for. I'd bought it coz I felt faint and hadn't eaten anything and he didn't even ask to see a receipt first just came up to me and said I couldn't eat it coz ppl eat stuff as they're going round the shop then don't bother paying for it. I burst into tears after he left and felt like walking out. I've written a complaint about him coz I think he wasn't very polite and was totally obliviuos to the fact that I'm pregnant. Anyways sorry for my rant I'm 37+2 wks now and started taking my raspberry leaf tablets on monday, nothings happening yet but fingers crossed it will soon as my ankles could do with a break from being swollen lol. Speak soon Jo and 37+2wk bump xxx
  • men and women its awful really... im afraid of trollys when im shopping always someone who cant steer properly. thanks for all advice will take it with me !not sure but i been quite achey in my back and tummy last week or so and sometimes tingely pains very low down in my front (very low )! could this be a sign of labour soon ? ive never done this before soo frustrated x
  • hi ladies..

im fed up of people commenting on my bump.. saying ohh arent you low now, wont be long! then others saying arent you carrying alot of water?? how the bloody hell do they know?? do they have xray vision??? lol

im all achey too.. get woken upa lot in the night with back ache n twinges. im thinking that yes its my bodys way of preparing for the immenent birth! im 38+1...

hope you all well ladies..

xxxx
  • hi mummy31,

i know just how youfeel im 29 weeks and people say iv drop and it will not be long.

they are all ways saying that iv got a very big bump just what you need when you feel fat anyway.

• You could always try the honest approach and answer back with what you really think such as "well im pregnant whats your excuse" failing that you could do what we all do and smile politely and bite your tongue. My mother in law (from hell) rang 2day all i can say is thank god for caller display i didnt answer and now hubby will have 2 ring her back when he gets in ha ha ha serves him right for having a witch for a mother.:lol:
  • hello, i always say thanks and than go home and cry. some days i feel like saying that i think one day i will
  • well id rather be called big than "you look ready too burst " my father in law called me a beach whale, and my mother in law (evil) told me not to sit on her bench the other day incase i brake it !! not to mention 2 months ago,when she told me id put on alot of weight ,as you can imagine theres alot more of me now.....!!lol
  • hi if my mother in law said that to me i would flip.