Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

c section hospital stays...

heya, just wandering anyone whos had a c section how long you had to stay in hospital for as im worried that ill have to be in for ages! lol. hart. xxxx.

Replies

• I had my c-section on Sunday, Tuesday I was discharged but I stayed until Wednesday because I was having trouble breast feeding. How long have you got to go?

Denise xx
  • well i find out on monday if i need one or not but i have decided it will be better for me to have one! so i will ask for one if they dont offer lol, but by the sounds of things and the size of my baby (10pounds plus!) i will definately be booked in next week. just really nervous about all of it asyou read all these horror stories and stuff. I just dont want to stay in too long away from my family as i know im gunna struggle alot at the beggining lol. xxxx
  • Don't pay any attention to horror stories, you'll be fine. The staff really looked after me. I had an emergency c-section and it went very smoothly. I think that worrying just makes it worse. All the best Sweetie. Just think how much closer you are to meeting your little one.
  • i had my boy by emergency c-sec on the monday at 6:44pm and they tried kickin me out the next day! but i stayed and got discharged on the wednesday morning
  • I had my son by emergency c-section on the sunday morning and was discharged at 9.00am on the tuesday.
  • Lol how lucky,only 3 days! here in Malta they make you stay 5nights. But to be honest the nxt day after d c section your still sore and it takes a bit to get up etc so if you stay 3 days that sounds perfect. I was also scarred of the c section,but the actually opp was v quick and painless. After it hurt a bit,but just make sure you get all d pain relief,it helps alot. Good luck and dont b scarred hun. X
  • hi
    It's natural to be scared. I had elective C-section and read about it on the internet beforehand so I would know what to expect, and also talked to a friend who's had 3 c-sections. My oh was holding my hand throughout which really helped me. They didn't tell me that I would shake a lot when they first put in the epidural so that upset me a bit. I stayed two nights in hospital, which seemed a bit short at first but in fact was all right. Baby is now 5 months old and scar has healed without any problems whatsoever. I've been too lazy to
    do tummy exercises so my belly still looks preggers.

Make sure you have someone to help you with baby and house stuff in the first few weeks. A C-section is major surgery and you need time to recover. Once you see your beautiful baby you will know it's all been worth it.
  • I had an emergancy section on the Weds night and was discharged on the Saturday, but had the option of staying an extra night for various reasons. I was ready to go home by then though! x