Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

[b]any1 hav 2 stay in hosp before c/s with transverse baby?[

Hi, i am booked in for c-section on 25th (14days to go..) as baby in transverse presentation, consultant wants me to stay in hospital for these next 2weeks before c-section cause if waters break while at home, cord could prolapse and oxygen/blood supply be cut off and cause brain damage or death before being able to get to hospital in time.

has anybody else been in this situation?
Flick 36+5

Replies

• Hi Flick,

Just wondering at what stage the decision to book c-section was taken? My baby is transverse and I'm not convinced that he/she is in any hurry to move!

Jasmine 30 + 1
  • Hi Jasmine, i went last week for scan i was 36+4 and the consultant booked me in for c-section for next week friday 25th (i will be 38+6) but i have to go back for another scan tomorrow just to re-check he is still in transverse/breech presentation, just incase he has turned. the consultant did say that if the baby is transverse then you should be admitted into hosp from 37weeks onwards and stay there until c-section date just incase waters break, so keep that in mind. the consultant will also offer you an ECV from 37wks onwards but because i declined they just booked me in for c-section. hope that helps and hope your baby turns!
    Flick
  • Hi Flick,

Thanks for that. Very interesting information - why is this not mentioned in any of the many books we have accumulated!

Good luck for your appointment tomorrow.

Jasmine x

Jasmine
  • went for consultant appt this morning and am being admitted on monday morning to stay in hosp and then having c-section 5 days later on friday morning.
    weird to know the time, day and date i will finally meet my little boy...8 days to go!
    Flick
  • At least you know you dont have too much longer to wait! Best of luck.