Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Need some support :( so stressed out

hi all,

i am so sick of waiting now i am 40+5, had a membrane sweep done 2 days ago and have since lost my plug and had terrible backache and menstrual cramps..but no 'contractions' there is no regularity to the pain it is just constant and i feel really nauseous. lost plug yesterday morning and a lot came away at once, when my hubby rang to ask how i was i told him and said i was having pains etc and thought things were starting but not to panic as it could be hours yet. he dropped everything and came home, saying to his work colloegues i was 'in labour' and on his way home called the entire family to tell them i was 'in labour' so the phone has been ringing none stop ever since, people asking 'have you not gone to hospital yet?' and 'whats happening, how do you feel now?' and 'are you sure you are in labour we thought you would have gone to hospital by now!' so all yesterday was spent explaining that because i am comfortable i dont want to go to hospital just to be sent home as i am sure its only the early stages. but to be honest the whole thing has grind me down so much i dont feel in pain anymore just really angry, so i think it has stopped. then went to bed at 9.15pm thinking it would be best to get some rest while i can, hubby comes up at 9.30 just as i have nodded off, turns lights and telly on and strats having a conversation with me!! has since had telly on all night saying 'he cant sleep' which has caused me not to sleep as i cant do with noise in background, got up to go to loo and when i came back he said 'well are you in labour or not? i said its still only early stages, and he said 'oh great im gonna look a right idiot tomorrow now i told everyone you was in labour!' WTF??!! I dont give a flying monkeys how he looks at work i never asked him to broadcast it!! the phone wont stop so i have resorted to unplugging it and have switched both mobiles off, i am tired and cranky having had no sleep, i think its stopped cos all i feel is achy like time of month, i feel really under pressure to go to hospital cos hubby is so anxious and people keep calling us im so fed up image

Replies

• Options
    Hi there. Saw this on homepage and my heart went out to you.

I had this with my 4th. After a sweep (i was only 40 plus 2 but had always been early so it felt like I was way overdue) everyone kept ringing, emailing, texting etc.. Everytime I winced OH was in the car with my bag..lol

The fact that you are upset and cranky sounds very much like labour is about to begin. I know its easy to say but try to have a nice warm bath and get into bed and get a few hours sleep. I have always gone into labour while sleeping for some reason!!!

Tell OH that he is upsetting you and that labour wont start until you are happy (they beleive anything at this stage!) Men just dont have a clue how it feels to be scared, excited and in pain all at the same time.

If these pains go on today too why dont you go in and get checked out. You never know they might agree to start you off if you are in early labour!

With my 4th I had pains like you for a few days and then suddenly I woke at 4.30am and he was born at 7.18am!!! Even then I had to hold on as tho fully dilated he was not coming down very well so they wanted me to hold off pushing for a bit. He would have come an hour or so earlier if I had my way!

good luck and try to relax, put some music on and ignore everyone. Remember tho, they are excited too and just care about you

d xxx
  • Options
    Awww hunny!
    It sucks doesn't it! I remember - that feeling very well. I also lost my plug after a sweep and then felt very achy for days - before my waters eventually broke.

For me, they think it was that my body was trying to go into labour, but Abby's hand was in the way (she was born - super girl style!) so she couldn't engage properly, and that meant that nothing really happened (in the end it took the drip to get things moving - but then she came flying out like a cork from a bottle!)

If I were you, I would do loads of walking up and down stairs (sideways if you can) bouncing on a birthing ball, and put some clary sage oil in a hot (ish) bath, that might encourage your waters to break - and then if labour doesn't start naturally they will induce you, because of the risk of infection.

I would also relegate hubby to the sofa, and get some proper sleep while you still can!

Good luck - one way or another, it can't be too much longer now!

Nx