Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

scared

omg ladies im due 2mz and really scared im hoping she will come wen she is due is there any 1 else who had there baby on there due date would like to hear all stories about birth too thanks ximage

Replies

• Hi natz sorry to put a downer on things but only 4% of babys arrive on their due date..around 17% early and the rest late! If you pass your due date dont get too down...i went two weeks over and ended up being induced! x
  • Hi,

I had my first right on his due date.

The tuesday before i cleaned my flat from top to bottom. Finished at half 2 in the morning. On the wednesday, i was getting pains all day so went into hosp on the night to be checked over. I was 3cm when i got there and they kept me all night but sent me hom on the thursday morning cos i was still 3cm.

My mum took me walking around morrisons to encourage things along and i was still contracting all day. I cant remember how often they were coming. But i had to stop a few times in the isles to breath them out.

At 9pm my mucus plug came away and the contractions got faster and more painful so i rang the hospital and went back in. I was 4cm dialated when i got there. I was given some morphine so i caould get some sleep thru the pain but i didnt sleep very well.

By 7am i was 5cm dialated and the pains were just getting more painful. One stupid midwife came to feel my tummy and decided i was just having BH!! She didnt come back after that. My waters were broken at 12pm and OMG did it hurt after that. I was dialated fully at bout half 1 so started pushing. It was awful as i was so so tired. I pushed for nearly 4 hours, given pethedine 1hour before he was born and i had to have an epesiotomy and assissted delivery. He was born at 5.40pm right on his due date!!

Dont be scared tho, you forget everything afterwards! And i'm also convinced i am going to go over with this one even though i've been having labour pains for a few days. They keep stopping and starting. Grrrr

Heather xxx
  • i actually had evie a day early. well... a few hours off being two days early as it was 3am! if youre wanting to progress things (i tried EVERYTHING) the only thing i can reccommend is LONG walks. i went for an hour long walk if not longer every evening for a week b4 evie came and i really believe the walking helped a lot x
  • I went into labour the morning after my due date, although like hevma i had to be sent home for a few days till i wa far enough to be kept in, and ended up with a very similar labour top hevma funny enough with an assisted delivery as my baby got stuck.

Just go with the flo tho you never know just how you will cope or how quick it will be

Good luck
  • thanks for ur replys girls it helps reading other people expierences i think keep them comin x
  • Hi my second was born on his due date.

I started about 2.30am just having contractions went to hospital about 4am they monitored me and sent me home about 10am also telling me i wasnt in actual labour and go to my midwife app on the thursday and take paracetamol for the pain. I went home and managed to sleep for a few hours then I went for a walk. I ended up going back t the hospital sunday evening about 6pm and with just gas and air at 12.28 on his due date Joe arrived.

Its natrual to feel scared about the unknown, just remember everyone is different.

Good luck Sara 34+4