Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Sex after section (tmi)

I had a c-section on the 14th and afterwards I only bled very lightly for 5 or 6 days, so dp and I decided to have sex last night and today I have started bleeding again but quite heavy(sorry tmi!). Has this happened to anyone else? Is it normal or should I be worried? Im not seeing my midwife till Friday and not sure if I should contact her or not. Any advice would be greatfuly recieved!
Amy xxx

Replies

• hi sorry i dont know specifically about sections as ive never had one, but what i was told last time is that it is only a problem if it is bright red blood again after gradually getting brown (tmi sorry!)..unless the bleeding you get after section is different from vaginal delivery, maybe someone else can answer about that..could be just like a period where you think its stopped but its not x
  • Hi Amy,

I'm sure i have read on here somewhere before that this has happened to others and is normal for the bleeding to stop and start but if you are in any doubt give your midwife a quick call. Always better to be safe than sorry but I am sure you will be fine.

Liz xx