Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Birth Story

My little one was due on Sunday the 13th of October.
On Monday the 14th i had a show, i rang up the day assessment ward to make sure it was definately a show and they said by the description i gave them it was. Tuesday came and went and nothing happened then early Wednesday morn i got up to the loo and as i was getting out of bed i went liquid come out down below, i checked the pad was wet and a muddy colour, i rang labour ward and was told to put another pad in and see what happens. An hour later i was getting a drink for my and my other half when i felt liquid again, i pulled my pants down and me both saw a lot of pinky colour liquid coming out, i rang labour ward and was told to come in so they can confirm.
It was confirmed that my waters had broken but it was the hind waters, i was told that if labour didn't start naturally i would be induced on Friday morn at 8am.
Well even after my waters had broken my little one still didn't want to budge even though i was getting contractions on and off.
Friday came and my mum drove us in, a midwife gave me an internal and inserted some gel to soften my cervix and to open it. I was told to go for a walk, after a couple of hours i had another internal and was only 2 cms so a midwife broke my waters properly which gushed out and were slightly green but was nothing to worry about. This next part took forever, it was take to long to explain. I was given a drip to start contractions which they had to make regular, Friday went through to Saturday, i was still hardly dilating and as i was exhausted (aswel as my fiance and mum) i was offered an epidural which i took, it was such a relief. As i was taken ages to dilate i was offered an c-section but when a doctor examined me i was 5 cms and she said she would examine me again after 4 hours and if i hadn't dilated further i would have the c-section. All through little babe was being monitored and was doing find, the only one that seemed comfortable and oblivious to what was going on lol.
Well it was nearing midnight and i was finally fully dilated after loads of internals. The midwife told me when to push as i couldn't feel the urge due to epidural, within 40 minutes of pushing and mum holding one leg while my fiance held the other (they were numb from epidural) our little girl was born, she cried straight away and was put straight onto my chest, it was the best feeling in the world. She was taken to be cleaned and weighed. I was exhausted after and abit out of it from the drips etc so can't remember alot, i know i was put into stirrups to have stitched as i was torn inside (i couldn't feel it as i was still numb).
Our little girl Nyasha was born at 12.12 Sunday morning on the 19 of October weighing a nice 7lbs. Although it was long labour and pretty tense she was worth every moment of it and a month on i don't remember the pain. I would definately have another.

Hope everyone is getting on ok.

Fern
xxxx

Replies