Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So bored of waiting!

Hi all,

Baby's due on Monday but I'm starting to get so bored of waiting. Had ante-natal on Tuesday and Ob said the baby is so low he thinks it ould be with us in about a weeks time but then again it can never been predicted. It feels like my baby has been low for ages now as I got myself booked into a birthing centre a few weeks ago and they said the same thing.

Is anyone else due soon and are you feeling as frustrated as I am? I've tried curry, sex, raspberry leaf tea... I think Im gonna bounce around on my swiss ball for a few hours today see if that gets things moving. ;\)

Replies

• Options
    Hi

I'm due Sunday and I am getting pretty bored waiting too. I'm beginning to think they got it wrong and its just a large boil...

I saw my midwife on Monday and she said that although my baby's head is down, its no where near down far enough so at least you have the reassurance you're on the way I guess.

Its my worst fear being induced. I want to go normally, I don't want to be stuck in hospital for ages being induced....

Anyway, good luck!
  • Options
    Know what you mean!! Im due on Saturday and im bored of waiting :lol:
    I thought it was all starting this morning but it has all stopped again....zzzzz.... :\(
    I dont fancy being induced either.....curry hasnt worked, or pineapple......too whale like for sex and that rasberry leaf tea is horrible. Cant drink it :roll:
    Off to midwife in abit....see where im at...
  • Options
    Abby - Ha ha! I know, I've gone back to feeling fat again!

And what's really annoying is that I'm coming down with a cold and ear infection, so maybe it's a good thing the baby doesn't come until they've cleared up... BUT I'M SO BORED!!!!
  • Options
    sounds like we are all getting fed up. I was due on 5th Oct and so far no signs at all.
    I have been drinking raspberry tea, walking lots and have eaten lots of spicy food but nothing has worked. Haven't tried the sex as I too feel too whale like! ha ha

saw midwife on monday and she didnt think I would see 41 weeks as my tummy was so hard but only 2 days to go until 41 weeks and I have stopped having any period type pains that I was getting so have a feeling I am going to have to go in for my sweep on Sunday.

Hope our babies all make an appearance soon.
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

At least we're all in the same boat, i'm due on Monday. I seem to be getting a few of the feelings that other people have said, period type cramps, niggly feelings around my bump and i can feel movements and fluttery feeling right down below, i have my midwife appointment on Tuesday (day after my due date) which i think i'll be going to cus babe seems quite comfortable, hopefully there i feel find out is babe is any further engaged. I presume that on that appointment i will be booked in for a sweep. I'm trying everything, i drink loads of Raspberry Leaf -

PinkPig if you don't like the tea they do the tablet form, my cousin was taking that in the later stages of pregnancy.

I don't like spicy food really so haven't been trying that, i've been intimate with my fiance but that only really bring on a period type cramp afterwards which soon fades.

Looks like we're all bored.

Hope to hear some news soon from you all

Fern
    xxxx
  • Options
    Well im not due until 23rd but had a show on wednesday. I was hoping this would be the start of things but so far nothing major has happened.

I have been having some painful braxton hicks, lower back ache, period type pains, diarrhea and sickness. Also baby has finally engaged!! Its driving me mad. I know I have 2 weeks to go but i feel like absolute crap and feel like im just sat here waiting for contractions to kick in.

Hopefully we will all have our babies soon.
  • Options
    MKT86 you are absolutely right there, thats exactly what it feels like, just sat waiting for contractions.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, as you've started getting all this 2 weeks early hopefully your little one will make an early appearance

xxxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I'm due next friday and feel the same as the rest of you.
    Last time i went to see the midwife i was told lo was in the correct position but not engaged and i dont feel it has engaged yet as bump is still high. I have a feeling i will be here for a while and am so bored of being pregnant.
    There are days where lo is quiet but the last couple of days its been moving around like crazy. I feel really achey when i'm in bed and its difficult to turn, i feel like a whale.
    I hope things start soon image

39wks
  • Options
    hi peeps im due on wednesday but am now aching all over defo havin difficulty sleeping at nite, its my second baby and trust me i feel like im all open down below!!! i feel like any time now the baby is gonna cum out but completely sick and tired of waitin.

well anyway hopeour babies come out soon

good luck every1
  • Options
    Well ladies it's a full moon on Tuesday so hopefully our LOs will be making an appearence then. I thought I was going into labour earlier today; I'd felt a bit strange then had an overwhelming need for my mum and burst into tears (I have no idea why - I'm not too scared of labour or birth) so I called her, which made her think I was in tyhe throws of labour! Then thought I was having contractions every 20 mins but that all lasted about an hour and I had a rest and nothing since!

Started to eat fresh pineapple last night and today as well as all the others mentioned earlier, but I don't think anything will work - LO will arrive when ready.
  • Options
    hiya am new n am bored ov waitin aswel mi baby boy was due yesterday(sunday) no signs ov him cumin yet. hope you's wil hav ur babies soon xxx
  • Options
    Looks like we're all having trouble sleeping, if i had the internet at home i would log on here and see who's on but instead i have the choice of listening to OH snoring or watching rubbish night time TV. I'm due today and had a show this morning but i don't think things are going to start anytime soon yet as i don't really feel any different. So it's still just a waiting game. I have a midwife appointment tomorrow morning, i don't know if i will be booked in for a sweep or not though.

Hope some babies make an appearance soon.

Fern
    xxxx
  • Options
    do you know it's taken me about an hour to work out how to do all this i'm so not with all this internet business.

back to being bored absoultly, my husband is fast asleep whilst i'm up and watching tv and now posting a reply. hopefully i can work this thing and check up often. i'm due on 25th oct. i was laughing cus i read that one of the other members tried sex but was getting cramps so hasn't bothered with it since and i had sex with my husband yesterday and all night i had contractions well i think that's what they were not sure now. as it was severe cramping started off with 6 mins apart then went to 3 mins apart and lasted 30 secs or so. does anyone know whether this was it. i was so scared yet excited.

i haven't been able to sleep for at least 8 weeks. the sofa has become my best friend yet not as comfy as my bed. i think my husband is enjoying his space in our bed all to himself.

speak to you divas soon as gorgeous as we all feel. xxxximage

[Modified by: khani on October 14, 2008 02:37 AM]

• Options
    My due date was only yeserday but I a that fed up that I want to ask MW for sweep. I'm starting to get worried that if I don't do something soon I'll have to have a c-section.

Has anyone else started to confide themselves to their home? I really won't go out unless I'm with someone, I definitely won't drive anywhere on my own. The most I will do is walk round the gardens of the flats I live in.

xxx
  • Options
    hi gingerpixie
    im three days overdue and it's like the longest days of my life!! I have been staying near the house for the past two days but today Im going to Sainsburies alone!! If something was to happen it would come on gradually (apart from waters breaking) so Im putting a pad on just incase and black trousers!! :lol:

I dont think sitting around the house does you any good...can you go for a walk and keep with in four or five streets? Im taking the dog out later when OH starts his afternoon shift. I cant stomach anymore daytime TV!!

Hope our LO arrive soon.

xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm also going completely insane now of waiting. I'm 11 days over today and as everyone else I really have run out of things to do now. My OH even jokes that he's never had so many clean clothes or such a clean house. I've tried to limit my tv viewing but it's all that's left. I've read loads of books as well and now just feel like my brain is turning to mush!

I try to get out everyday and am still driving as I just think that when something does happen it'll take hours anyway so as long as I don't venture too far afield. And, who knows, if my waters break in Tesco I might get my shopping for free!!!

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that today's the day otherwise it does look increasingly like inducement for me!
  • Options
    Ooh! Apparently if your waters break in Mothercare they give you lots of freebies! image

But I can't remember where I heard that...:\?
  • Options
    imay go in there with some water and spill some! ha ha
  • Options
    im 38+1 now and really boredof waiting tried sex to get her moving and long walks but nothing yet. had few pains but came to nothing. my partner is getting bored of waiting too he just wants to meet her now.
    got mw on thursday so she will tell me whats going on i guess. i dont want to be induced.
  • Options
    All my family are waiting too. They are always phoning to see if anything has happened! Im dying to see her now and i know at the most it will be 20 days (will be induced 10 days over) but they seem a lifetime away. I think the last few weeks have really dragged.

I have heard about shops giving people free stuff whne their waters have broken in the shop. DH asked if I could break them in Game so he could have free xbox stuff!!!! Typical bloke. Mothercare would be more useful.