Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sudden burst of energy = sign of approaching labour??

After months of feeling completely knackered, i've had a sudden burst of energy this afternoon.
I can't sit still, think i'm going to paint the bathroom this evening!
Could this be a sign of approaching labour?? Or more wishful thinking?
xx

Replies

• I had that the end of last week - cleaned the house from top to bottom but now I'm back to my usual tired lump again and can't move from my nursing chair!!

Sure it's a sign things are on the way though!!

xx
  • I had that last week too but today i feel awful. Really tired, hurting and in a really bad mood!!!

I hope it is a sign cos i'm sick!!

xxxx
  • I too had my first burst of energy about a week ago up till late wrapping presents and last night another burst of energy which was cleaning all the kitchen, cupboards, buffing handles! lol and today i decided to push trolley around tesco with gusto! Now my hip is killing me and no signs of anything!

GRRRR! Might have a bath and NOT shave my legs then I might get some signs as I wont be prepared?!?!?

Its So frustrating these last few weeks/days.....................
  • Damn,
    i was hoping loads of you would say, oh yes, that happened to me right before i had my lo!!!
    oh well, at least we'll have nice tidy houses when they do finally decide to appear!
  • Hi MrsC06

It happened to me just before i had my first baby, i had him two days later, but not this time. so you never know. it might be! but to burst ur bubble, it might not be.

Sorry hun. Hang on in there!!

Heather xx
  • i had a burst of energy lasting about a week...im stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill waiting!!! 6 days over now grrr! SORRY! xx