Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Who Should Be At Hospital??

I have a question. Some of my work friends think I am crazy for not being at the hospital during my sister-in-law's and brother's first born. I don't think there is any reason to be there. I would sit in the waiting room for hours. She won't want to see me afterwards....thats what I think. I will go up later after work to see my brother, and thats it. Cher won't want me to see her like that. Please give me some advice. Thanks.:\)

Replies

• Options
    I absolutely agree! No offence, but I would not want my sister in law to come to the hospital, I would really only want my partner there and possibly my mum. Like you say, you can pop in and see your brother once it's all over, and then arrange a time to visit once they've settled down a bit with the baby.
  • Options
    Totally agree with Poz, there's no need to be waiting there! My oh was with me giving birth, and everyone else (inc. sils) came to see my lo afterwards in visiting hours x
  • Options
    hiya,

Oh's sister had a lo a few weeks ago nad we went the next day to the hospital to see them - at their request.

I know what you mean though. I'll be telling everyone no visitors at the hospital.

oh will be with me and mothers can come for a short time after it's all over but no-one else.
  • Options
    With my son it was just me and my partner during the birth and later on we let people come but we wanted our own bonding time to start with. With this one we've warned everyone that its just gonna be me, my partner and my son at the hospital (after the birth for my son lol) so my son can bond and get use to his new sister before everyone else comes to see her then maybe when we get home and settled we will ring them and they can come and visit. xxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/lamlamard20040909_-1_Ethan.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev235pfs__.png

• Options
    i think it all depends on how the mum-to-be feels about who should be there and also what the ppl she wants there think about it. the only person i wanted in the room when i had my first born was my partner but i wanted his mum there in the hospital so i could see her as soon as i had been moved back onto the ward, but this is because i was really close to my mother in law and my family all lived really far away x
  • Options
    im close to both my sister in laws and i would have loved for them to be at hospital so when i was ready to see them perhaps an hour after the birth then they could come in to meet their new neice, but unfortunatly one doesnt live close and the other was away. but i wouldnt mind if it was me but everyone is different x
  • Options
    I personally wouldnt want anyone waiting outside at the hospital while I had my lo's. I just feel theres plenty time for people to see them once both me & the baby are settled & think the time after the birth is an important time for just you & your partner & new baby.

I've made people wait til I got home on both occassions soo far though I have only been in for 6 hours so I didnt see it necessary for them to all rush up to the hospital. Each to their own though xx
  • Options
    At the moment (might change my mind) I don't want any visitors for the first 24 hrs, whilst me and hubby adjust and enjoy our new baby.... Even down to MIL (my parents are a couple of hrs away) I've told hubby she won't be visiting for the first day and will make sure the ward know I don't want to see anyone.

I couldn't think of anything worse after just giving birth when your tired & sore having a hoard of visitors waiting for me
  • Options
    hi sweet i've been having this arugmentment with my oh!
    as his greek he wants to phone them soon as i go into labour sod that i don't want anyone there apart from my oh and maybe my best friend out ere..
    i want some quality time on my own with my baby not bloody visitors straight after. xx
    gio 37+2