Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

bleeding after birth

i gave birth 6 days ago and am still experiencing bleeding. I know you can bleed for a good few weeks after but how do you when its normal? I'm still sore down there and keep getting pains in my lips (sorry tmi) i'm not seeing my midwife again until wednesday and just concerned things might not be as they should be x x

Replies

• Options
    i think thats normal. i used to get tingly feeling in mine for age's after. bleeding should be o,k unless it's extremely heavy and/or you have clots bigger than a 50p. if your really worried i'm sure the doc or midwife won't mind reasuring you hun. thats what they are there to do. congrats on baby. hope alls going well xx
  • Options
    Hey, I bled for 3weeks after giving birth and still get twinges now (gave birth 6weeks ago today)
    xx
  • Options
    If you are at all concerned you should speak to your mw tomorrow first thing, this will put your mind at ease.
    My bits were really sore for weeks after I had my last lo so that is normal enough
  • Options
    It sounds normal, don't worry! Remember, your body's gone through a massive trauma. I was very sore for about a week, and bled for two, but after 16 days I was, ahem, back in the saddle with no problems. Nearly 8 weeks on I feel totally healed. Your midwife will reassure you. I hope motherhood's treating you well. :\)
  • Options
    I bled for 8 1/2 weeks after giving birth, and was sore for most of that time. Still don't always feel 'normal' now, nearly 6 months on. Your body has been pushed to it's limits so it will take a long time to recover.

Congratulations btw! x
  • Options
    Hi

I was still bleeding at 6 week check - but there was nothing wrong just a body on the go slow, I was v tender for a good few weeks, ask your mw sh'll be able to asses the level of bruising. Mine suggested Arnica cream which helped.

Congrats x