Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Gifts at birth

Got a few nice ideas for my partner when she gives birth to our child in March, has anyone got any inspiration or any stories about what they got?

Dom

Replies

• i love flowers so that was one thing my hubby got me. how abpout so nice bubble bath, a photo frame with a pic of baby in with best mum photo frame. is there anything to eat she has missed since being pregnant, for example, my mate missed her prawn mayo sandwich and i missed pate?
    personally i wouldnt recommend clothes coz i felt like i would never get back into shape but how about so clothes vouchers so she can treat herself and go into town after your leave has finished?
    if you get flowers, get her favourite ones! congratualtions by the way x
  • Definitely things that she has missed, my oh got loads of soft cheeses just after the baby was born! And also a bottle of champagne, even if she breastfeeds she can still have a little glass!
    One tip though, check with the hospital as to what they will allow, mine had a 'no flowers, no balloons' policy- everything else was ok. But even if they have rules like that you could still have a bunch of flowers waiting for when she comes home.

Congratulations and good luck!
  • I wanted Fried egg and chips (egg runny of course) - I had to wait 10 days to get home from hositpa but then sure enough I got my wish!!!!! The early arrival of my lo meant that any pressies were not ready - I did get a mug with 'super mum' on about 4 days after which was perfect timing as that was my baby blues day! image
  • I want an eternity ring! But have been told in no uncertain terms I'm not getting one - even though hubby has just spent ??600+ on a s*dding BIKE :evil:

38+6
  • thanks for the replies, feels strange as a male member around all these girls!

Is it okay then to have runny eggs pate and rare steak when breast feeding then? Anything to avoid when breast feeding?

[Modified by: DomMk1 on November 25, 2008 12:31 PM]

• i have DEMANDED that i have some sort of jewellery. doesnt have to be too expensive but i figured that he's had 9 months to save and seeing what i'v gone thru carrying his child and am yet to deliver her that its the least he can do!!

selfish?maybe but i dont care lol
    xx
  • I'm backing the pate / runny egg sandwich iidea- all those things have had to forfiet. Could make up a few vouchers on your computer for her to 'cash in' whenever, for things like shoulder rub / hour undisturbed in a bubble bath etc
    I've been hinting for a cheese board with the smelliest softest cheese around - I def won't be getting an eternity ring- only got engaged last Nov and married in May so think I'll get told to go jump lol