Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Baby Alfie FINALLY born!

Hello Ladies
Thank you so much for your advice and support over the last 9 months, really appreciated it! Baby Alfie finally arrived 10 days late on Saturday. He weighed 8lb 10oz and made me endure a slow labour of over 45 hours but i am soooo besotted i don't care!!!

Labour was slow and painful and i wouldn't want to do it again - and believe me i still do mean that! I had pethadine early on - mainly just to enable me to grab some sleep and that was all i had (G&A doesn't really count!) Pushing only took 45mins and i didn't tear so i had it easy at the end! Was absolutely knackered and felt in need of a good nights sleep....ahhh - whats one of those then?!?!

But anyway my gorgeous little boy is now right where he belongs, now i start the path of motherhood, no doubt i will be speaking to you all again along the way!!!!!

April & Alfie x

Replies

• congrats! and lucky you with no tearing, well done x
  • Congratulations!!

Good choice of name (my little boy is called Alfie!), enjoy motherhood....x
  • Congratulations hun! Welcome to baby Alfie I love that name....if we have a little boy thats what we shall call our's : )

Han xxx
    29 + 3
  • Hi April - Congratulations on the safe arrival of baby Alfie!

Hope you've managed to find some time to catch up with the long needed Zzz's : )

Nat X x 39 wks + 6 days

• congratulations hun, im sooo happy for you and what a cute name. i hope im not in labour for 45hrs, i dontknow how you coped. congrats. katie xxx image