Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My story!!!!

Hi all, Hope everyone is ok.

Well my baby has arrived. I went in to hospital on Saturday evening at 10pm to be induced, at 11 they induced me. As my friend had been induced a couple of weeks before (she went in hospital on the Tuesday and ended up having a c-section on the Friday) i sent my o/h home at 12 as it was agreed that he should get as much sleep as possible. By 1 my waters had broke, I called the midwife in and she said that it sounds like they had broken and i asked whether i should call for my oh she said it still could be a long time to go so decided it was best not to ( i did text him though). By 2 i was having period type pains which were getting stronger and stronger by about 3 i had enough and asked for some parcetomol (an hour later still waiting) i finally got the tablets and the midwife said that to see how this goes and if not she'd examine me and i'd be able to have some pain relief. Again asked whether should call oh but again said could be ages before anything happens.

I lasted about 45mins before i called midwife back to be examined. She examined me and i was 3cm and said that it was at the beginning gas and air wouldn't be the best option so offered me pethidene (not sure on spelling) which i was glad to take. As i had had no sleep she said that it would be best to leave calling my oh for time being so i could get my head down also i had read that you dilate 1cm ever hour so i thought looking at around 11. Well i decided to give birth in my sleep!!!!

Just after seven i felt a ripping feeling and called the midwife in to say something is wrong. i still had my knickers on!!! She said there is a head OMG. She said when i feel like i had to push push which i did and the body came out. That was the easiest bit. They put her on my stomach but i was in total shock, to be honest i think so were the midwives. After a couple of mintues i asked what the baby was and they said it was a girl. All i kept saying was that i wanted my Marcus. They said i could ring him on my mobile which i did and within 10 mins he was at the hosiptal. I felt so bad that he missed it but i suppose there was nothing that could be done. So at 7.20 my beautiful daughter was born. I was home by 5.30 in the afternoon.

I can't beleive it done it especially in my sleep and i can say for sure i will never do it again or if i do I'm having pain relief right from the start the pain was horrible but then i'm the biggest wimp in the world.

We have called her Summer Angel Southern. She weighed 5lb 15oz.

We had a bad day with her yesterday evening as she wouldn't settle but think she was hungry as the midwife came to see us on Tuesday and told us to put the feed down to 2oz. At 7 i feed her but she hadn't had enough, i struggled to settle her and fed her again at 11 again it wasn't enough so feed her a bit more which she lapped up. At 2.30 fed her and she didn't wake up until 9. So now she's on 3oz and today she is so happy.

Feeling a bit down i suppose it's baby blues so trying to talk to my o/h about stuff. I just hope i'm doing everything ok.

I really hope everyone is doing ok and i can't wait to read how everyone else is going on.

Lots of Love Michelle xxxxx

Replies

• congratulations michelle it sounds like you slept through most of the worst part which is great!!!

Im sure you are doing everything great and as best as you can, im sure the first few days are going to be tuff but you will start to feel much better soon after you get into some kind of routine.

Just rememeber dont worry about anything else apart from spending time with your hubby and baby sod everything else that can wait.

Take care x :\)
  • wow, that is some birth story, giving birth almost in your sleep! sorry your hubby wasn't there though, but it couldn't be helped & he was only a few minutes behind. take care & enjoy being a mumxx