Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Waters breaking?

Hey everyone. A little advice needed please! I'm 39+4 days!

Woke up this morning to my belly making some very very strange noises, creaking, grumbling etc (definately not hunger sounds though)! and then when i went to the toilet i noticed a wet patch about double the size of a 50pence peice and also a thin strip of wetness down my knickers (sorry TMI!!)

I since changed my knicks and put a fresh pair on and after a short while there was some more wetness, about the size of a 20pence peice, so i then put a pad on but it is dry so far. I do feel like i constantly need a wee though.

Does anyone think this could be my waters or a weak bladder?? Dont want to phone the midwife if it's not likely to be my waters!

Thank you

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Holly.

We have been in the same position today by the sounds of it. If you check out the pregnancy forum you'll see a post with exactly the same title as yours - I've updated it tonight with details of this evenings trip to the maternity unit.

If I were you I'd give your delivery suite a call. The ladies I saw tonight couldn't have been any nicer, and they put my mind at rest. I'll sleep better tonight knowing that things are ok.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

http://bd.lilypie.com/1ZwYp1/.png

• Options
    Thank you very much! xx