Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

possible labour pains or braxtons- advice please!

Dear all experienced mums, I am 38 weeks gone and have been having sharp period type pains for nearly 2 hours, have had a a couple of braxtons in the last week but they went really quickly and these have just lingered. They arent really coming in bursts so I can't time them just a dull ache with occasional sharper moments. Baby is very active, What is the general consensus? Hubby is working an hour and a half away, should i get him home or call hospital? Don't want to fret if they are just braxtons.
Thanks for any help

Replies

• Hey
    I had these all day yesterday....but they went by about 2 this morning so I don't think mine were anything.
    Have u had any other signs of labour?
    I keep hoping something will happen soon haha...fed up now.
    How are u feeling now? How are the pains?

Kimmy 37+3
  • Hiya Kimmy, yes they went after about 4 hours, spoke to the hospital in the end as hubby is working away and didnt know to get him home or not. The midwife says that they were braxtons more than likely. My friend says she had these pains for a couple of days on and off before labour started proper.
    The midwife advised as soon as they are something we can time, rather than just long cramps, then to call in hospital again. I have my own midwife appointment this afternoon so will see if there is anything else she says.
    Know what you mean about getting on with it, am hot and bothered and look like a moomin.
    Am trying in earnest to bring it on as from tonight when hubby gets home, have got my raspberry leaf tea, cleary sage oil, fresh pineapple and curry at the ready, if hes in the mood then thats all bases covered! ha ha
    Good luck with yours, keep me posted!
    Cat