Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Do babies move in early stages of labour?

This is my first baby, and no not yet am i in labour but its one of them things im just wandering? my baby moves around and kicks alot and i am overdue so dont no if maybe him not jumping around might be a sign that hes thinking about making an appearence? fee 40+3

Replies

• thats what i experianced with my three the day i went into labour with them.They were all really active all the way through my pregnancys but there wasnt much movement on the day but enough not to worry about it.
  • Hi. Just gatecrashing from the baby forum.

My LO was really wriggly the day before i had him and i had been in early labour for a week. He was wriggly when i was in full blown labour to...before the pushing stage!

I think everyone is different.

My first baby was really quiet beforehand.
  • Hi just gatecrushing

When i went into labour with Sean he did not stop moving around. I went into labour at 5 in the morning and give birth to him at 1.42pm and all the way through labour he was wriggly and kicking me hard. Sean now 6 weeks old and he still a lil wrigglyer.

But everyone is different
    Fiona
  • some lovely pics of your LO's! thanks for advice i had awful night last night thought he was gonna kick through my ribs!! not a plesant experience! but hopefully he was adjusting himself for his grand enterance ha! fee 40+3