Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

something has happened. (maybe tmi)

Hello.

Me and my partner had sex last night (sorry) and afterwards, i went to the loo about 4 times as i felt damp all the time. Anyway, i ignored it.

I went to the loo this morning and had a wee and wiped, went down stairs and felt damp again.

Went back to the toilet and wiped and there was clear odorless something on the tissue. It wasnt the same consistantcy as water, it was slightly thicker, but defo clear and didnt smell. so defo not urine. it looked abit silky (shiney).

Anyway, wiped that away, came downstairs and it happened again. so did the whole thing again and the same thing!

Can anyone help me? Is it my waters? a show? discharge?

My waters didnt break with my first, they had to be broken for me so i really dont know.

Any advice will help.

Thanks

Heather xx

Replies

• Sounds like a show to me, are you nearly due ? If so i would say its gonna happen sometime in the near future, good luck x
  • Hi. Its totally clear. Its defo not semen. My show with my first was clear and thick! Really thick.

I've been in hosp at 30wks with prem labour n they stopped it. now i'm 34 weeks!

xx
  • Just rang the MW and she said it sounds like my waters have broke. Gotta go in!! I'll keep you posted soon as i know what is happening! xxxxx
  • Hello.

I got to the hospital and was put on the monitor. on it for about 45 minutes. had a few tightnings and baby was very active!! Had an internal examination and thatnkfully...it wasnt my waters!! (well the doctor said "i dont think its your waters but you should keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse")

So now i'm back home plodding on!!

Heather xx
  • Hi heather
    During my last pregnancy my waters started leaking at 30 weeks and i went into labour at 32 weeks. perhaps this is happening with you.
    keep us informed and good luck hun x
  • Well i'm convinced something is happening cos i'm getting tightenings all the time and pains. my hips and tops of legs hurt so much. Been timing my tightenings this evening and they every 9 to 10 mins. some really hurt and some dont.

any thoughts or advice??

I really would like him to stay in until after new year but i suppose its up to him.

Hope everyone is doing ok!!

Heather 34+2wks xxx
  • Cant give you any advice sorry as my little boy was no way coming out unassisted, i had to be induced and even needed a emergency c-sec. But just wanted to wish you the best of luck. Sounds like things are definately coming along!
  • hi, im 35 weeks 2day... i just dont feel right, ive been having period like pains off and on since thursday, im also getting really sore hips and tops of my legs..... im just not sure whats happening!!! advice plz!!!
  • Jellybaby30

Im 38 weeks and 5 days and for the last week i have had period pains and sore left hip, gets very stiff and can relate to the top of the legs pain, still here, its just your body getting ready to birth your little one.x dont panic. xxxx

Hope this helps.x
  • My labour started off as period like pains on and off on a thurs... then fri they were quite regular between 8 and 10 mins all day... i was in denial that anything was gonna happen (i was 40+5) By fri 11pm the 'period like pains had become quite strong and were 6mins apart.. i didnt actually admit to myself that i was in labour till i had a hind water leek and thought my waters had gone at about4am sat morning (thats when i went to the hops). You cant mistake the later contractions tho by 8am . Baby arrived at 2.51pm sat! I was knackered from lack of sleep and all the pushing but undamaged apart from that! x x

Good luck and keep us posted! staying as relaxed as poss helps... go with your body. x x x

[Modified by: Jennie.p on December 17, 2007 10:51 PM]

[Modified by: Jennie.p on December 17, 2007 10:53 PM]
  • omg.....ive just read the whole post and was expecting a finale of a lo!!! Whats happening? did the lo appear? was it ur waters??? soooo many questions....how can u leave me hanging!!!! image)

Em
  • Hi Em,

Apparently its not my waters but i have been having these pains since saturday and they gradually getting worse. Got a midwife appointment tomoro so i'll see what she says. I'm getting fed up tho. totally exhauseted.

So the tale continues i'm afraid!

Heather x x x
  • oh no.... i'll be back to her the news tom! good luck at mw.

• Hope your MW appt goes well. Keep us informed hun x
  • Hey babes, how you feeling?? xx
  • Hi Girls,

Had my appointment and my midwife didnt seem to concerned. Just said if the pains get any stronger, or closer, go to the labour ward.

They have settled a bit today but i've had bout 4hrs sleep in 48 hours and feel like i am dying. I'm hoping they wont start back up again unless its the real thing cos i cant cope with them stopping and starting all the time. I'm really struggling with this.

Hope everyone is ok.

Love Heather xxx