Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

labour?

hey! this is my 1st so i dont really know what to expect so was hoping you can help me! ive been having back ache all day and stomach ache, are these signs of labour? some say it is and some say its not! ive also spent all of thurs cleaning the whole house (nesting im told) so thought that may b causing the back ache but ive pretty much relaxed all day 2day and its still here, coming and going! it might just be my wishful thinking n hoping im goin into labour! any help would be apreciated!

hannah xxx

my own due date is oct 17th and scan date isoct 25th

Replies

• hey hannah, could be the start of labour but might keep coming and going for a while! you'll know your in labour when it starts to really hurt and the pains are coming at regular intervals.
    good luck, hope it happens soon for you x.
  • hey thanks for the advice image still got back ache and little twinges, but nothing regular yet! hopefully soon tho! hope you are both doing well xx
  • hi i had back ache the day before (fri) my waters went on (sat) propeper labour (sun) had baby jack @ 9:28 monday morning hes now 2months 3weeks today..
    good luckxxx
  • hey, everything seems to have clamed down now image unfortunatly, so looks like im guna be waiting a little longa till i meet my lo. midwife also said the baby is lying slightly back to back, which may be causing all the back ache like jinxy mentioned! ill keep hoping though! take care xx
  • I had a nagging backache for about a week before my waters broke. Then I started getting period type cramps as well, which were irregular. Sounds like you are drawing near. You will know for sure tho if you are in labour as it gets to be really painful. Good luck!!!
  • so theres hope yet image have had alot of pains down below today but nothing regular as yet, so kinda hoping it forms some kind of pattern soon! im getting really impatient now, im seeing the midwife 2moro so hopefully she will do a sweep! take care everyone and thanks for writing back xx
  • i know what you mean hannah-ive been experiencing period type pains in belly and back now for over a week. Still no sign of baby entering the world just yet tho. Hope its not too longer wait for either of us now. Im due on 31st what about you?
    hannah
  • hi hun i had perios pains for a couple weeks before birth was normal and backache all the time. believe me when it starts you will know i felt completely different and very tired. i had reg contractions which werent painful at first i even managed to eat a chinese! but i knew it was starting. i had lo 40 hours later! xxx
  • hi hannah! im due 2moro (25th) u had ne signs that things might be happening for you? do you know what your having? im expecting a girl! hopefully we will both have our lo's soon image seen midwife 2day and she said from the pains ive been having that hopefully things will start on their own soon if not she will come back on tuesday morning to do a sweep. the only thing thats keeping me going is knowing that in 10 days if shes not here ill be induced! but hopefully it wont come to that! hope everything is going well for you!

hi hayley! how old is your lo now? the pic is gorgeous! i was worried i wouldnt know when the real thing was happening! so every little pain ive been wondering, is this it lol hope your ok and thnx for advice!

hannah xx
  • Hi Hannah

Im expecting a girl too. cant wait

Hannah