Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

fao yummy_mummy

thanks for your reply on my tightnings i deff never had all this befor its driving me mad my lo has been right down in my pelvise since my 20 week scan lol when we ended up in hosp i was told she was engaged and cant get any lower so was hopful we would be meeting her soon i know its still early days as i have 4 weeks left but im feeling alot of pressure to have her as my inlaws are away for the week befor im due and my last 2 labours where very quick and the stress of getting someone to my kids then getting to the hosp is imense they only live 5 mins away my next nearest is almost 20 and like i said im quick lol so im very stressed about it and my mw doesnt seem to want to give any advice think she thinks im being overly paraniod about it but my sis had her 3rd in 10 mins. sorry long post
how are you coping with bump plus 2?
what have you got and how old are they and do you know what your having

Replies

• hi faithm! this will be my 3rd boy im expecting! my eldest is 4 and a half, and youngest will be 3 two days after im due!! so ill have my hands full, but thats the way i like it!! lol. how far apart are your little ones?

like you im getting myself stressed about this labour! my last ds took an hour and a half from first twinge to holding him!! i spoke to the midwife about it and she talked my hubby through on how to deliver a baby and what to do if i dont make it to the hospital!! that has made me a bit more nervous about it all! we only live about 20mins to the hospital but we will still need to get our friend here first to have the boys before we go!
    very scary stuff!! lol

im still having lots of tightenings, twinges and a hell of alot pressure down below.... i definatly didnt have this with my previous two! im thinking its because its my 3rd and the boys are close together, that im feeling like this! its awful! i cant even make it round tesco without being in alot of discomfort now!!
    im due in 8 days.... so hopefully not much longer now!

i really do feel for you with baby being engaged already!! you must be in so much pain! i saw my midwfe almost two weeks ago and baby still isnt even engaged yet... and with all the pressure im feeling i cant imagin how bad it must be for you!!
    have you tried a support belt? it lifts your bump off your pelvis taking some of the strain away.... would be worth talking to your midwife about it!

your midwife should be supporting you with your concerns with this labour! how quick were your last ones?

krystle
    xxx
  • hi this is my 3rd girl lol my eldest is 6 and youngest is 3 like you its going to be a mad house lol my 1st was born in 2hrs 50mins my waters went there was nothing before that my 2nd was a bit of a nightmare because she started to come at 35 weeks i was fully efaced and 3-4cm dialated then it stopped!! was in and out of hosp at every twinge for 4 weeks and then a lovley mw broke my waters and 1hr20 mins later i had her so im terrified of my waters going at home like you we are about 20 mins from hosp but we also need somone here for the other 2 i really dont want to give birth in frount of them that could cause some real mental scaring.
    im getting loads of twinges today and she is pushing down on my bladder so im litrally peeing about every 5 mins think she is to low down for a belt to help tho as they can feel her head when they did a internal so im guessing she is beond that xxx
  • have a chat with your midwife, she might be able to suggest something!
    i totally sympathise with needing to pee all the time! i may as well just live in the loo!! lol.

just an idea for when you do go into labour....as a back up plan can you not ask a neibour to sit with your children just while your friend gets to you to babysit! it will give you that extra 10mins or so to get to the hospital.
    i just suggest when you get the first or second contraction make preperations to go! its best to be turned away from the hospital because it not time yet than to have a baby on your kitchen floor!! lol.

i think im getting close to meeting my lo... all yesterday ive had terrible back pain, which is how my last two labours started, im finding it so difficalt to walk too! and my house is so big, its a nightmare to get to the loo in time!! lol.
    i have an appointment with my mw this morning, maybe she will tell me baby is engaged this time? i just cant see how i can be in all this pain if his head is still free?
    xxx

• my mw is useless lol.how did you get on is he engaged?
    ive been having tones of braxton hicks all yesterday and not so many but some today im so impaitent i keep hoping its going to turn into more but its not let me know what mw said
  • baby is 3/5ths engaged now! i suppose that explains the pains, especially the backache! its been awful these last few days!
    feeling nervous now tho! ive got an appointment to see her next wednesday but she told me she didnt expect to see me!! im very excited to meet my little boy, just very anxious about the birth and how quick it could possibly be!!
    had alot of period type pains today, but been trying to take it easy... with all these pains im getting i think ill be in denial when i start getting real contractions!! lol.

how have you been today? many more BH? dont you think they are worse this time round being the 3rd?
    is there not another midwife you could see?
    xxx
  • still having bh and yes these are deff worse have been having tightning since about week 12 but these are more like the labour pains i had with no one so not looking forward to the real thing not sur if its because it no 3 or because she is so low down have got mw later am going to talk to her but i know she will be no good as she never is iv had so much to dael with through out this preg and im feeling the stress now my mum got diagnosed with cancer then i fell preg and i was running her around and she lived hour and a half away then whilst taking her radio therapy dad fell and broke his hip she died the day after my 20 week scan and i coped fine we never had an easy relationship then because of all the running around we got really behind in our rent and now land lord has put it up by 100 so with what we owe him we are screwed so are having to move in next few weeks to cheeper place. my fil lent us money for a new car and we nearly got screwed over by the garage it took me 4 weeks to sort have one now wich seems ok. with all that no sleep lots of pain im feeling so stressed and every time i go to my in laws my mil keeps saying she thinks it will happen this weekend but thats only because its convinient for her and that her nieghbours will come if i need them to whilst shes away but to be honest if im about to give birth im not sure i would want them seeing that.
    my god sorry bit of a rant was only gonna be a quick reply lol
  • dont say sorry for the rant!! we all need to do it now and again!! sounds like you have been to hell and back!
    have you already found somewhere to move to? you are well within your rights to get the fair rents agency in about him putting the rent up, a friend of mine did it a few years back, i think she got intouch with them through the council.... basically they come round and look at your home. and if they decide the landlord is charging you too much rent they order him to drop the price and he has to do it! ??100 is a hell of a jump!

how did your MW appointment go the other day?
    xxx
  • hi sweetie some good news i had her lol 550 monday 6lb 1 oz and soooooooooooo cute lol how you feelin
  • congratulations!!! i had noah sunday night (23rd) he was 7lb 12oz.
    your little girl was so dinky! i think noah is small, so cant imagin how small your lo is!!
    well done!!
    xxx
  • well done it was sunday i started labour so they are only a day apart weird! ameile is tiny lol cant believe shes here has been so easy so far im sure that will change. how are you getting on? how are your other 2 with him
  • wow! what happens to the days? i seem to be busy all day but not getting much done!! lol. the joys of being a mummy to 3!! lol.
    the boys are great with noah... apart from one time when i went to answer the door and my 4yr old picked him up and carried him to the front door!! it frightened the life out of me!! we had to explain to the boys that noah was like an egg... very fragile, and if he got dropped he would break!! its done the job! they understand it that way!!

how was your labour? was it as quick as you thought?
    i started getting contractions at about 5am sunday morning, they were totally managable and felt almost like BH. by 9am i went and had a bath and they bloody stopped!!
    started getting them again at 4pm.... so i slept till 6pm! got to the hospital at around 7pm.... and had him at 11.22pm!!
    i can quite honestly say i really enjoyed the whole experience! i wasnt in any real pain until the last 12mins, and i had a right laugh and a giggle between contractions (mainly down to the gas and air!)
    noah was back to back so i spent most of my time on a birthing ball - why havent i had one before? it was fantastic!! lol.

i cant believe my little man is a week old already! he is such a good and content little boy!

how do your girls get on with ameile? do you find yourself constantly busy now?

xxx