Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

mucus plug/show???

i had a white stretchy substance come out which was quite lng! not discharge though, but phoned up hosp and they said if no blood or contractions not to worry?? help!!!!! im scared! only 29 weeks pregnant,thankyou xx:\?

Replies

• Could be part of the plug. My mum lost hers at 23 weeks when she was preg with me and went on to have me at 39 weeks and i weighed 6lb!!! Just be aware of things going on with ur body and contact them again if worried or any pains but I reckon, mostly, u'll be ok. Good luck for next 11 weeks - I'm 2 days overdue and fed up!!! lol xxx
  • what hospital are you going to?
  • thankyou, george elliot hosp nuneaton, i went down as after i wrote that post i deffo lost plug, red liver looking thing!! how scary, thought i was gonna have baby there and then lol, but cervix still closed,thankyou millie,most reassuring(phew) but not sure what it means for me, am i more at risk of infection? anyone else had this?? i thought i was a pro having had a child before, wow how different its going to be this time, its like being a first timer all over again, and im actually more scared than the first time round!! lol god, im a reet puff lol xx
  • Nah, we're allowed to worry, it's part of the contract of being preggie!!!!! lol You possibly r more at risk of an infection but as long as you take care and watch out for things like signs of a water infection or unexplained raised temp, things should be ok. Good luck!!!!!!!! xxx
  • cheers, have water infection already!! lol xx
  • typical ain't it!!!!!!!!!!! lol
  • yep lol at least im on antibiotics i suppose lol
  • Hi, I had the white stuff too from when i was about 28 weeks and mw kept saying it could be part of the plug but i realised when i went into labour that it definately wasnt, the plug is a lot thicker, clear with a bit of blood so it shouldnt be anything to worry about. Good luck. xx
  • im going to the lovely george elliot too my auntie works there staff are nice hospital isnt that grate but the staff are nice! i was goin to go the walsgrave but i did not dare travell that far in labour lol have you been to the anti natal classes there?
  • no, i dont do antinatal classes lol when i was pregnant with my daughter at 17 i attended 5 minutes of one, shouted at midwife and left, she scared the hell out of me! lol
  • no i have never attended them either! just thought i would ask lol!how old is your daughter now?when i had my daughter almost 3 yeasrs ago they had just painted it that crap lilac colour that looks like a real boge job! how old are you now?im 22 in april!
  • im 23 next wed, havin 4d scan for my birthday cant wait! couldnt think of anything else as usually i get drunk and like to have new clothes lol my daughter is 5 at start of may! it flies by lol where you from? xx
  • im 23 next wed, havin 4d scan for my birthday cant wait! couldnt think of anything else as usually i get drunk and like to have new clothes lol my daughter is 5 at start of may! it flies by lol where you from? xx
  • yeah im having one for my b day where you going how much does it cost?
  • im going to northamptom i think, supposed to be ??150 for top packega with dvd etc but got discount as its my second, ??125, really good there its called preview,was great last time, going wednesday,cant wait to see how much he has grown!!!
  • thats reall good there is a place in hinckley doing it for ??175!when did you have the last one? it looks so cute
  • 16 weeks, i was booked in the one at hinckley which is nearer, but its more expensive and you dont get as much for your money, cant wait til wednesday to see my lad again!! hes so big, was hurting me last night doing turns!! lol
  • my hot mail msn is mytouchursarm@hotmail.co.uk would you message me with the details of the place you are going?