Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

advice please on labour x

hi all

im 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant and since saturday i have been having contractions. sometimes they can be regular and painfull but then they wear off and become less frequent and not so painfull. i have also been losing the mucus plug (show) every day since saturday.
my baby has dropped well down in to my pelvis and my tummy has got a bit smaller.
i have been feeling slightly damp over the past few days but im not sure if this is an increase of disgarge. it is clear and has no scent. but makes me feel very uncomfortable and im having to wear panty liners.
is this normal for a first pregnancy.

emma x

Replies

• hi . it sounds like your body is getting ready for the big day!!! you ought to mention the dampness to your midwife when you see her next as your waters could be leaking or it could be the increase of discharge that some women get towards the end.
    good luck duck. hope all kicks off for you soon. take care.xxxx
  • Sounds like it won't be long. What you're describing is all normal just go with it. The discharge does increase a few days before, well mine did anyway. Get as much rest as you can!
  • Sounds like it won't be long. What you're describing is all normal just go with it. The discharge does increase a few days before, well mine did anyway. Get as much rest as you can!
  • Hi Pen, just wanted to say that your baby is gorgeous!! x
  • thank you for the replies. im just waiting patiently now. trying to finish house work and get some things ready. im having a home birth so dont have to worry to much about rushing off to hospital when things start for sure, as our nearest is 1 and a half hours away.
    my bump has become tender due to the constant contractions i've been getting for 3 days but things have settled down a bit now. im not having so many today. but still lossing bits of the plug. i didnt expect it to come away bit by bit. hope that is normal.
    i feel so drained and just want to sleep. so once housework is complete im back off to bed. i want to make the most of whatever time i have left. its a strange feeling knowing that my baby girl may be here anyday within these last few weeks. i keep getting overwhelmed with the thought of us being two individuals instead of her being inside me! going to be lots to do when she is here. and things wont be so quite but i feel prepared for it all. especially now i have stopped work as i find i keep getting bored as not got much to do. so cant wait to be busy looking after little one.
    thanks again and hope you are all well
    emma x
  • hi queenems. thanks for that. i am going to put another pic on soon of him. that one was put on by my hubby the day he was born. he is now 2 weeks old, it goes too quick and he has changed so much.
    take care.xxxx
  • Hi Emzy. We are due the same day! I haven't been having pre-labour signs but I wanted to wish you good luck. Please keep us posted x
  • hey pixie.
    the braxton hicks settled a bit over night but they have picked up again this evening and i have the strangest feeling that im going to start a period. i've not felt this pain for over 8 months so its strange to feel them again. i think this is another step to things happen.
    everyone is different so you may just pop when ready. i think i would rather of had that happen instead of things building up. im so uncomfotable and find it hard to relax.
    well even if things dont happen soon, we only have a few weeks left so its still great to know that it wont be long.
    im having a girl, do you know what your having.
    hope things go ok with you. im having a home birth so i will let you know how things go here. i just want to have her now as these contant contractions and pains are a pain in the back side. shes worth it though.
    emma x
  • i felt similiar period pains all day before i had my son, and the annoying on/off contractions. your cervix could be softening before u begin to dilate! Good luck! (enjoy it if you can!)
  • Hi Emzy.
    I'm having a boy but I'm going to labour in hospital, my hubby is a worrier & wanted me to be at hospital just in case anything happens.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for a quick & easy labour. I hope things get moving for you soon.

Take care x