Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

very early labour! advice please!!

hi all just wondered if an of you have had a similar experience. been havin contractions since yesterday tea time they got regular to 3-4 mins so eventually went to hosp at 2am to be told that i had not dilated yet cervix was soft an thin tho. sent me home and have been awake all night. they wore off a bit earlier but only for half an hour. they still coming and v painfull just not spot on regular. very confused dont want to return to hosp yet until cant cope anymore with pain . any one experienced similar? :\?

Replies

• Yes this is often how it starts. All I can suggest is TENS, warm baths, wheat bag or hot bottle, co-codamol (paracetamol are useless) and massage. Try and keep active in between to encourage contractions too. Keep your mind busy, good luck xx
  • Hi as Funky rabbit says, move around as much as possible. I know it is painful but try and walk up and down some stairs as it encourages the head to come down and hopefully make the contractions quite regular. Hope all goes well for you xxx
  • as soon as they become regular, stronger and longer and closer in time for an hour or so then maybe it's time to go to the hospital. i had this problem in my last pregnancy, i started contracting throught the night but they weren't regular so i stayed mobile all day then had a hot bath and they started to become more regualr and painful so i went to the hospital and they said i was 2-3cms but as i lived 25 miles away from the hospital it would be best if i stayed in and the next morning i eventually had my baby.
    your body just needs to get into pattern and then hopefully things will get on. good luck.xx
  • also if you have clary sage its supposed to help egulate contractions? although no good otherwise if you ask me!!!! good luck xxx
  • Good luck hun, hope things speed up for you. I am envious that things seem to be moving in the write direction. Take care Kelly xx