Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Membrane Sweep

Hi Ladies,

Just had a mambrane sweep today - had some discomfort straight after but after a little sleep/relax had nothing since....

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of Membrane Sweeps and their Successes - or not?!?!

K.x

Replies

• Options
    hiya, i had a membrane sweep at 41 weeks with my daughter and i had period type pains soon after. my waters broke 2 days later and my lovely daughter was born a further 2days late image x
  • Options
    hi i had a sweep at 41 weeks and got period pain straight after,my son was born the following day. so it worked for me.

ashy and oliver 9 weeks
  • Options
    Hi I had a membrane sweep at 10.30am and went into labour at midnight! Exciting times! x

Helen and Roisin, 4 months
  • Options
    got sweep at 40 weeks but midwife was too gentle and nothing really happened, got another at 41 weeks (mw said she had a 100% record and wasn't going to fail with me), It was quite rough but she said " see you in the unit on wednesday morning" Had some contractions after then nothing, a show the next morning and my waters broke that pm. i'll keep my fingers cross that things get moving for you and you have a nice christmas present this week!!!!!!

Diana and Harry. image
  • Options
    Ah, Thanks for your replies ladies....

Since the first sweep I have hod two others (three in total now) Looks like this little one is one stubborn little treasure!!

They have booked me in for an induction on Wednesday evening - So I'm holding out all hope that he/she arrives before then - although somehow i think thats wishful thinking.x

Thanks again for your sotries - meant a lot to be reassured.x

K.x