Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2nd baby due.........scared of my episiotomy scar tearing!

Hi everyone

Im due to have baby number 2 in 3 weeks time and i am worried that my episiotomy i had with my first child after a forcept birth is going to tear and is going to be painful.

Has anyone been through the same thing??

Replies

• Options
    i had same with my 1st only i also had to have 2 re fashions after aswell i am due to have baby in feb and they have offered me an elective episiotomy after what they did the 1st time round i am absolutely terrified that i will go through the 10 month of agony that i went through again I am considering c-section but i'm so confused because i would like a natural birth but i'm absolutely terrified to do it again. i have been on other forums where people have had same as you and rubbed some sort of oil on pernium to help it stretch and had no problems. I suppose it depends how bad the scar tissue is because it doesn't strectch very well as i have alot i will have to be cut or have c section which ever i decide. scared!!!!
  • Options
    Oooh I hadn't even thought about that if I got pregnant again!
  • Options
    Hi! I haven't had episotomy but my sis tore in her first labour and there was a scar. In her second labour I was right there at the business end and saw it as bub began to crown. The midwife saw too and rubbed some really nice smelling oil on it as he crowned and she had no probs. Was funny cause I forgot and was amazed by how nice my nephew smelled when I held him lol!

Maybe start massaging area a few weeks before in preparation!
  • Options
    Not wanting to put the fear of god in you but....
    I had a episiotomy with ds1 and then tore along the same path with dd1 and dd2.................I was told that with no'4 I would likely tear again..((((cry)))))
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    I tore with no 1 but not again with any of the other 3! try not to worry.
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies!!

Im really scared about it not really bothered about any of the other labour pains!! its just the pain after and looking after the scar mine was terrible last time and came undone....which i was told they leave and let heal naturally....and it was sooo painful and nothings ever really been the same..........im dreading going through it all again!!!
    Be worth it though im sure theres nothing i can do if i tear i tear!!
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi,

I had episitomoy with my first & tore in same place with following 2 but honest to god & im not lieing it didnt bother me. Yes it was a bit sore & uncomfortable but really i had no problems at any of the 3 times, maybe i was lucky but i did keep them really really clean & had no infections. Hopefully you'll be the same if it happens.

I have to ask what photo package did you use to make the duck in your avatar yellow & the rest B&W ive been looking for about 3 years for one on & off but i dont know what the effect is called!! Would really appreciate it if you could let me know.

Many thanks

KJ.x
  • Options
    Hi my sister in law did it for me so i have no idea just photo shop as far as i know.

Thanks for advice...fingers crossed il be ok!! xxx
  • Options
    hi i had a really bad tear with my first baby nearly 4 years ago and am also due in 3 weeks and am petrified of them tears happening again,i am not worrying about the labour pain just the idea of needin stitches again,has this hapened 2 anybody with there 1st baby and been totaly fine when giving birth 2 their 2nd?