Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Elise's birth story ( Bad experience)

Replies

• Thanks
    Elise is still going from strength to strength. They are taking her off Cpap for 3 hours and leaving her on for 6 hours. The time she is left off it will be extended. Today Maria had skin to skin contact ( kangaroo care) Her sats remained good.
    maria is still getting exhausted quick and is on antibiotics for an infection caused by the waters, but is slowly improving.
    Jo ( Maria's mum) xx
  • Oh what a dreadful experience. I do so hope things are getting better for you and your baby (and family!) Hopefully you will get the apology you deserve and the investigation will mean that no other people will be put in such an awful position.
  • This is probably not what you want to hear at the moment but if i were you i'd seriously consider speaking to a solicitor when Elise is strong enough and home. Also, not sure where in Worcestershire you are but if in Wyre Forest (or even if you're not) it may be worth getting in touch with Dr Richard Taylor MP, from previous experience he would be very interested and would help you get the complaint investigated properly.

Hope you are both ok

• Thank you so much for your advice.
    Maria's brother is currently putting together a slide show with the few photos we have so far. The song playing is 'Butterfly kisses' and it made me cry lol. It will be on youtube and I will put the details on for those who want to join me in a good snivel lol
    Jo x
  • please click on the link below to view 'Elise's Short Life Story So Far' picture video. this video will be extended as Elise gets older.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fye2lwmBwA

[Modified by: mini-mum-maria on January 12, 2008 11:19 PM]
  • Thanks lara
    Phoned Maria this morning and she is exhausted and unable to get up. So she is going in to NICU this pm and i am hoping to show her the video as she hasn't seen it yet. Even before she was born, she was proving to be a daddy's girl as she responded with lots of kicks when J was around. So i think he will be chuffed with the song lol.
    Thanks once again for your kind words
    Jo x
  • A lovely video. She's a dear little girl and hope she's getting stronger by the minute. I think she has beautiful pink skin - what a sweetie!
  • What a lovely little girl, cant believe how small she is... She looks like a fighter like her mum and dad, all my thoughts are with u Jo and her mummy and her daddy and most of all little one

xxxxxxxxx
  • So sorry to hear how terrible your labour was, it is so shocking that the medical profession can be so neglectful of their patients. You sound extremely strong though and it is good to hear you have such great support from your mum and oh. Fingers crossed your little girl continues to improve so you can take her home very soon.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Liz xx
  • Oh she is beautiful!!! so tiny!! i hope you can take her home soon! best wishes!
    paula
  • Dear Jo,
    Your little video is amazing. Elise is gorgeous. Give Maria a big hug from all us March mum's . I am sure she is in all our thoughts and prays.
    Takecare, mary & twinkle xx
  • What an amazing video and a gorgeous little girl.
    Lots of love & best wishes.
    Donna
    xx
  • just popped on to say hi
    Thanks for your comments. i think she is beautiful, but then i am her grandmother lol. Maria came for dinner and we showed her and J the video. I realized Maria was crying and felt really sorry for upsetting her. She laughed and said that she loved it and she was just being silly. To be honest, i am glad in a way that she had let go of some of that emotion that I know is locked inside her. She has been through a very difficult time and is so exhausted. I know the two of them spent time reading through your posts and i know it has helped her. Thank you again
    Jo x
  • Awww.... she's beautiful! What a lovely video. I swallowed the lump in my throat until I got to picture of her tiny hand holding someone's finger. That set me off!!! Where's the Kleenex?!?!

I'm so so sorry to read the details of your birth Maria. How utterly appauling. I think the advice of contacting your MP is a wise step plus you might want to register the complaint with the Healthcare Commission (patient watchdog in England):

http://2007ratings.healthcarecommission.org.uk/homepage.cfm

I hope this advice doesn't seem insensitive as the health of your gorgeous daughter must be paramount. But this sort of shocking neglect must be dealt with appropriately.

Much love,

Jo x x x
  • Thank you so much for sharing your video with us all. Elise looks a very healthy baby considering her age! i am amazed how good she looks. So glad she still doing well and hope maria getting lots of rest inbetween visits.

any problems getting some action against hosp then I am sure a petition on here would get many signatures!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to the family
    d xxx
  • Bless ya both
    Jo you made me laugh. Hope everything is going well with you pregnancy. has lo turned yet?
    Thanks for your advice. Maria has received a letter from the head of maternity services, but it seems like she has played it down a bit. She has'nt mentione that Maria was'nt examined for 24 hours despite being 3cm dilated the previous night. Also she said that the baby was scanned and found to be breech. In fact she was transverse and the membranes were in the vagina (sorry tmi) but these facts can give a different picture can't they. it more or less says that maria was having normal labour pains ( don't get me wrong they can be very strong and overwhelming) but Maria's pain was excruciating. The fact that she had no pain killers with jordan and had already been through an emergency C with Levi surely shows that she knew there was something not right.
    maria is going to go to the CAB for advice when she is fully recovered and elise is out of hospital. At the moment she is expressing milk, going to the hospital and trying to look after the boys. Luckily J is being supportive and i am doing my best too.
    As for Elise, she has been nicknamed little star by the staff because she is doing well. She is taking 6 mls milk now through a tube in her mouth and when Maria is cuddling her, she starts rooting for her breast. Maria took some lovely video footage where elise is wide awake and her eyes are so big. She also has a mop of black hair too.
    dee dee thats a good idea of yours about the petition.
    Take care
    Jo x
    thats me off again. once i start you can't shut me up lol
  • below is the new link to the video, the old one was currupt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CaufOVXrAQ

[Modified by: mini-mum-maria on January 14, 2008 07:19 PM]
  • Hi Maria and Jo,
    Youtube says the video was removed by the user?
    I'm glad little Elise is doing so well, you must be so proud of her! xxxx
  • Hi
    It's back on now as it's been edited a bit. Still trying to add the latest videos as she is 1 week old today !!!!!
    She is now off Cpap ( oxygen) and will only be put back on for 1 or 2 hours if sats are low. She is looking like a real baby now with less tubes and stuff. She needs to grow into her eyes, feet and hands as the rest of her is tiny lol
    hope you are all fine
    jo x
  • Hey Jo and Maria

Shes looking stronger each day and i sure hope that she will be out soon

Cheriste xxxxxx