Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Elise's birth story ( Bad experience)

13»

Replies

• Thanks hun
    What a clear scan ahh lovely x
  • Hi Maria.
    Ive just watched the video clip. Elise looks gorgeous and ive been in tears watching it. I hope she continues to do well. Thinking of you.
    Del (32+5) xx
  • how amazing?! i have just watched the video of your beautiful angel. she is lovely and such a fighter. congratulations to you all. keep us updated on how she's getting on, and you of course.

well done!, amanda x
  • Thanks for your kind words.
    She is really doing excellently and we are so proud of her.
    However she still has a long way to go. Her weight went down to 2lb 4oz but now she is back up to 2lb 5oz and so she's almost back up to her birth weight. if she carries on doing well i think it could be 6 weeks before she's home.
    Maria and jo x
  • Hey Maria and Jo
    Its normal for newborn to lose bit of their weight but they soon put it on quickly as they lose it in the first time round!! well u only got 5 weeks to go so am deffo keeping my fingers cross

Cheriste 37 +1 xxxx
  • Just watched the video, I cant believe how tiny she is but what a wee fighter. Best wishes to you & all your family & keep us posted on her progress

Hilary x
  • Hi all
    Just a quickie to tell you that little Elise is still doing well. She is now only got her feeding tube in and has been moved from intensive care to the HDU.

[Modified by: mini-mum-maria on January 16, 2008 11:48 PM]
  • Fantastic news, hope she keeps making good progress, she'll b home before you know it
  • Hi Maria and Jo
    thats brilliant news. you have a gorgeous little girl. i started crying before the video started playing knwoing how much you had been through. hopefully she will be home with you all soon.

Us march mummies are all thinking of you

take care and lots of hugs
  • Thats fantastic news, I'm sure youre all over the moon with her progress. The little fighter will be home before you know it.

You take care of yourself too

Hilary x
  • Thanks all you special mums
    Elise has had a uppy downy day today.
    She was a bit sick and quite sleepy. Her sats were a bit low but the staff didnt seem too worried. Hopefully she will pick up by tomorrow when I see her.
    Hope everyone is doing ok at the moment. ((hugs))
    Maria x
  • Maria can I just say I think you are so brave- reading your story was heartbreaking I am so glad your lo is doing well. The treatment you recieved in that hospital was ridiculous- I had a bad experience with mw's basically not giving a toss but it was nothing compared to yours tbh.

I pray that your daughter continues to get stronger with each day and that you can take her home soon- I have no idea how it feels to have to leave a baby in hospital but I imagine it isn't good. Keep your chin up

• oh babe, god. you did so well. i taught by coming to this forum it might help ease my fear of labour, after reading yours.......................wow. i hope i could deal with something like that. Really hope mummy and baby are ok and that everything goes well. do you mind me asking where you gave birth?

congratulations mummy and baby!
  • I am sure my experience is rare and also the chances of having an emergency c luckily doesn't happen to most people. So I don't want people to worry unecessarily and would feel terrible if this was the case.
    Even after having a prolapse cord during my previous pregnancy and ending up with emergency c did not stop me getting pregnant again ( ok so I must have been mad lol). The majority of mums go through it all again as it is both painful and positive.
    Elise is now off all oxygen at the moment and is continueing to do well. Doc says she has heart murmur but often this fixes itself and so I'm not too worried. In Jordan's case the valve closed within a short time. She keeps trying to pull the feeding tube out as she grabs it lol She also wakes every 2 hours for a feed, which shows she knows when she is hungry.
    Hope you are all well and your lo are busy reminding you of their presence xx
  • Hi Maria

great news that Elise is off the oxygen, she is a little star.

Those feeding tubes are a nightmare to keep in. Kenny kept grabbing his all the time and I lost count the number of times it had to be put back in. Elise is doing well waking for feeds, hopefully she can try cup feeding or from the syringe soon.
    Kenny also has a heart murmur and hopefully it will close over itself, he has a check up at the end of this month so fingers crossed.
    xx
  • So sorry to hear your story. I recently had a baby amd my care and support from beginnig to end was fantastic. Im grateful to have access to such a good hospital.

Congratulations on the birth of your little gilr and I hope she will be joining her new family at home soon xx
  • Thanks denise and becs
    Congratulations on becoming mums.
    Elise is putting on weight nicely. It still seems like a long way to go, but hopefully time will fly. Once she can maintain her body temp, she will go into a hot cot and into the nursery. She is 31 weeks gestational age and so in a week or two she will start bottle feeds.
    Hope your lo are well and your managing to get some me time. xx
  • Hi Maria (and Jo)
    glad to hear Elise is doing well. we are all still thinking of you on the march forum. although i think you started a trend with early births as i think quite a few of us are not going to make it to march.
    hope you are all ok and hoping you get to take Elise home soon

take care hun

Chris