Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Meeting my baby tomorrow

Well guys, I am being induced in the morning and cannot bloody wait, I am 9 days overdue tomorrow and waters went slowly since Saturday and still no sign, had scan yesterday and all fluid has gone so they won't leave me later than 4 days. Am so looking forward to meeting my little boy or girl, they even told me the weight from scan yesterday is 7lb 9oz - so much for my baby being too small although they told me that's the size of a 36 week old not a 41 week old baby! when I was induced with my 1st I didn't have him till midnight but only had 5 hour labour once they started the drip so hope this one comes quicker and in time for visiting hours tomorrow night at 6pm! Will hopefully be home Thursday or Friday depending how I feel as I was ill after having my 1st so will post a message to let you all know how it went xxx

[Modified by: shazmyatt on 18 September 2007 17:24:07 ]

Replies

• Options
    hi
    i get induced tomorrow and i cant wait to meet our baby.
    i had 2 natural bith so thats a bit scary and iam 39weeks today.they induce me coz the girls was so quick out and we live in the middle of nowhere.i dont mind iam fed up anyway.just want to hold the baby and join the gym lol

xxxx
  • Options
    thanks i need luck bit scared dont know why?
    i will keep u all updated

xxxxx
  • Options
    Lots of love and luck for tomorrow! I hope your inductions go better than mine!!
    Fingers crossed you both get to meet your little ones by the end of the day!
  • Options
    Good Luck to both off you
    xx
  • Options
    gd luck 4 tomorro girls, im 7 days over today, had a gd sweep from mw today though so hoping sumthing will happen 4 me to.. keep my fingers crossed 4 u xx
  • Options
    phoned hospital up at 8am and they told me they are full at the moment and i got to ring them back at 11am i hope there are a bed for me.i want to have my baby and iam fed up with these backpains (it was worse last nite)and iam a bit nervoes dont know why?
    maybe coz i had my girls in germany and naturall and this time is a hospital i dont really know and only my hubby and myself.in germany i had my mum and sister in the delivery suit with me.

xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Good luck both of you.

I'm sure you'll feel better once you get to the hospital Eve. Hopefully the staff will put you at ease.

I can't wait to see both your birth announcements. Hopefully mine won't be far behind!

Karlie
    39+3
    xxx
  • Options
    Best of Luck to you both. hope all goes well. xx
  • Options
    good luck!

xxx
  • Options
    hospial is a right pain iam booked in for today and now they keeping me waiting.she said it will happen today but i dont know when coz they got someone in with problems so i hope it is not that bad and i get a call soon.
    fingers crossed
    i will keep u all updated

xxxx
  • Options
    My daughter has arrived.....Jessica Jayne born on Wed 19th at 1853 hrs, 7lb 7oz.
    Went in at 10am on Wed to be induced, went on monitor and was already having tightenings but not dilated at all so they put me straight on the drip at 1235 hrs, didn't feel any pain all afternoon so they kept turning it up every half hour although on monitor I was reacting well but just couldn't feel it, finally at 5pm after bouncing on birthing ball all afternoon I felt the contractions start, managed to breathe through them until 1810 hrs then asked for gas & air and got on the bed, I was then examined and I was 4cm although I was disappointed I wasn't more, they told me they would examine me again at 2100 hrs but at 1845 hrs I wanted to push and then mad panic in the room, she was born at 1853 hrs. The midwife only just managed to get her gloves on in time, hubby said she took 3 pushes and that was it, I was shell shocked it all happened so quick. I didn't need stitches but the placenta broke in half coming out and a bit got stuck inside me which made me have heavy bleed till 4am but I felt ok and had my baby girl with me. They wouldn't let me home until today because of the placenta but we made it home at lunch time. Strange that she weighed exactly the same as my son did when he was born. Am so happy that the wait is finally over, she was 9 days overdue so I sincerely sympathise with all you mums to be who are waiting for your little ones to arrive.
  • Options
    Congratulations and well done Shaz,
    Enjoy your baby.
    xxx
  • Options
    congratulationsimage
  • Options
    Hurrah Shazmyatt! That is brilliant news. Congratulations to you and your family and welcome to Jessica!
    Tracey
    xx

[Modified by: Trackieann on September 21, 2007 07:37 PM]
  • Options
    my baby boy has arrived........brandon was born on the 20/09/2007 with 3010g and 49cm

i went into hospital wednesday at 830pm got induced the first time at 1020pm nothing happen then they done it again at 11am and we made procress.at the 5pm check i was 2cm delitet and they broke my waters so i phoned hubby up to come in .i try to eat some dinner but no chance contraction was going to strong and i said to the mw i need to change rooms.at 630pm i was 5cm diletet and just walked around in the room.few minutes later the pain was that strong that i layed on the bed and took gas and air that worked.and at 741pm lil brandon was born.
    xxx
  • Options
    Well done Eve, worth the wait in the end x
  • Options
    well done to both of you!!!

Im so jealous want my little one too!

Seriously congratulations and Im really pleased for you both, glad your little ones have finally arrived and you are both well!

Sarah x

40+2
  • Options
    congratulations to you both, i wish mine would decide to come out i'm nearly 42 weeks and so uncomfortable
  • Options
    Well done girls, I am being induced at 8am tomorrow, and absolutely worried sick!

I thought things were on the move last night, even had the TENS machine on, then about 1am it all stopped again :0(

This is my 2nd and from the sound of it shazymatt didn't have too bad a time so I am hoping I am like you and can manage on the gas and air!!!!!!

Well done you lucky lucky ladies, at 41+4 this is no longer a laughing matter for me :0(

I'll keep you posted when I FINALLY give birth!!!!!!
  • Options
    Oh Elliemac I know how you feel, I was 41 + 2 and that was bad enough, that reminds me to send my tens machine back! I have so much energy now I have cleaned all my wardrobes out this morning whilst my 2 asleep and I'm full of beans. I was so uncomfortable before it's great now. Come on girls, join the new mums club, get some Clary Sage oil, I swear that helped me x