Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

bring it on!!!

hiya all,
just wonderin has any one any ideas on how to bring it on???
i'v only 18 days to go but as soon as my baby essentials are sorted i want to meet my baby, iv heard raspberry leaf tea is good but can only find strawberry n raspberry will that work? has any1 any other ideas? so scared just want it ova with. lv pinki.x

Replies

• Options
    hiya g1, not tried anything yet. just wantin a few ideas for after the weekend when im fully prepared. heard the castor oil can b dangerous?? dont know how or y tho, does anyone else??
    will defo try the bath n sex if i can b bothered. hes deprived bless him, he deserves some b4 i realy am 2 nakt, eh!! cheers luv take care, will let u no. lv pinki.x
  • Options
    i drank loads of ras tea ( u can get it in holland&barret) had hot baths, hot curries, lots of sex and more pinnaple than anyone should endure,lol
    my lo was 3 days late!
    i hope u get to meet ur baby soon hun. xx
  • Options
    I drank loads of raspberry leaf tea and also took rapberry leaf tablests (holland & barrett) and my daughter was born on her due date. My sis also used raspberry leaf and her son was 2 days early.
    Good Luck
  • Options
    thanx girls, i think while im on me mission in town at wk end holland & barrett will be getting a visit, rasp t here i come. ha ha! neva heard of the tabs mite get them n all, as well as some vindaloo, followed by pineapple, hot bath , but dont recon id b up 4 any sex aft that lot. te he! will keep u posted, n thanx again.xxxx
  • Options
    hiya girls, well iv been drinkin rasp leaf t n eatin pineapple as though it is goin out of fasion, been havin lots o sex ( he dosnt no whats hit him. bless. he betta enjoy it while he can. ha ha. iv also been havin hot baths. gona try all lot in large amounts tomorow, and hopefuly get midwife to give me a sweep. fingers crossed. any other ideas are greatly aprishiated. xxxxx
  • Options
    hiya.
    rasberry leaf tea tastes like crap imo, i took the tablets. i also took evening primrose capsuals ate fresh pineapple and had sex. my baby arrived 5 days early.
    with my other 2 kids i didnt do anything at all to try and bring on labour and they were both late. maybe just a coincidence maybe not, you never know for sure lol.
    Toni xx
  • Options
    I've been drinking raspberry leaf tea for a couple of weeks now tried the hot baths and lots of sex but nothing seems to work
    Also tried black cohosh (if thats how you spell it), smudge sticks and lots of essential oils in burners and had oh massage me with them but nothing!
    He tried to get out at 32 weeks but we managed to stop him think hes paying me back by playing sticky
    If anyone finds a way please let me know lol
    jenni
  • Options
    Fresh dates too are recommended. long walks, dancing, sex (remember to climax!), spicy food, raspberryleaf tea, fresh pineapple. i tried it all & still had to be induced at 10 days overdue.
  • Options
    Hiya

Walking up/down stairs sidways is supposed to help rock the baby into the pelvis thereby putting pressure on cervix.
    Clary Sage essential oil (again, available from Holland & Barratt) either in a bath or diluted as a massage oil is supposed to stimulate the uterus.

I tried everything & went into spontaneous labour 14 days over my due date (I beat induction by 1 hour). I think that if they don't want to budge then there's no getting them out!

Good luck trying x
  • Options
    hi all, well iv tried raspberry leaf tea, and it hasn't worked for me yet, although i managed to convince midwife to give me the sweep today even though i still have 2 days till due date, cos i didnt go into labour with my little boy, and ended up having an emergency c-sec!
    so does the sweep work? and roughly how long does it take to start things off?
  • Options
    hi yummymummy&tums if the sweeps is going to work for you it should work within 24-48 hours after the sweep. I have now had 2 sweeps and none of them worked and am 5 days overdue, but i think it is different for everybody and it all depends on whether your cervix is ready and already dilating and all sorts so hopefully it works for you.

Good luck just try and relax it is uncomfortable but not that bad. x
  • Options
    hi kirstypreece, thanks for advice! well its been 3 days since sweep-and no luck! Baby is 1 day over due now, docs wont let me go past 13th aug, so knowing baby will be here within 7 days is quite exiting, and i can not wait....!

Im sure we will c r little bundles soon, let us know how it goes, best of luck, yummymummy&tums x
  • Options
    gd luck ive tried the raspberry tea, sex (with climax lol) hotbaths, pineapple and walkin up the stairs but my baby being stubborn he doesnt want to come out yet!!
  • Options
    I had my little one two months ago, and I tried bumpy car rides lots of sex , raspberry leaf tea, curries the works, she was still late. I think they come when they want. Its frustrating though. But believe in the middle of labour you will be thinking why did I want to bring this on, don't worry the feeling goes when you see your baby
  • Options
    Try your local health shop or holland & barretts, you'll get raspberry leaf tea there. They also do it in capsules which r much easier to take. I also tried castor oil but wouldnt recommend it as I ended up sitting on the toilet all night. It still didnt make me go into labour but if it had I would have felt 2 sick & miserable 2 have coped with it. I tried most things with my 1st & would say the best thing 2 do is walk as much as you can manage. x
  • Options
    Hi I am new to these chat rooms and I was due my second lo yesterday! I have tried everything and still nothing! Took raspberry leaf tablets since 35 weeks, spicy food, walked miles every day with my hubby, sex, gym ball and whatever else. No signs of anything! I definitely
    think they are all myths and lo will come when its ready. Pure coincidence if after any of these they make an appearance, I think personally.
  • Options
    well, still trying everything n anything still nothin happening, they are all myths for sure!! 3 days ova booked 4 a sweep on thurs. yippee. xxx
  • Options
    i dont think anything but induction works to be honest. if they do, i believe they are all just coinsidence. think unfortunately the baby comes when its ready (yawn) coz nothing is working for me lol xx good luck to all xx
  • Options
    hey julie ann, thank u so much 4 that, i live across from a builders yard, and am begining to bubble about where they park, our cars have been damaged loads of times in the last year or so. also the noise is gettin louder and earlyer. oooo er you've put a seed in my head now. ha ha. iv tried absolutly EVERYTHING else, (except olive oil, cause iv heard its dangerous). good luck girls.xxx