Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Baby Henry Has Arrived!!!

Well after 11 days of waiting I was finally induced on Saturday August 02nd as I was experiencing reduced feotal movements, nothing drastic but he was alot less active for a few days, so the doctor said better safe than sorry lets get moving.

I was admitted at 8am and my cervix checked at 9am, unfortunatly I needed the pessery as my cervix was still long, she put it in and we got dressed again and started doing laps of the hospital car park and went for some food in the restaurant, to be honesst my Hubby Rob and I had a lovely time pottleing about, I had been have contractions for a couple of days every ten mins but they wernt painful, I noticed by 11.30 they were getting stronger and more frequent, we went back to the ward several times for babies heart rate to be checked which was fine. At 3pm I finally recieved another internal at which they realised I was 3cm dilated and they would break my waters, then the top midwife said not to break them as they had to many ladies labouring already and to leave it, I was rather gutted but, please to be dilated it meant things were happening and I was still in no real discomfort.

By 6pm they were more noticible and Rob was helping me breath through them the midwife came around and said they would move us soon, they monitored the contractions for half an hour and knew they were coming thick and fast but baby was still happy so by about 8 pm she came back for me and put me in the delivery suite.

When she examined me again (finally) to break my waters she said 'oh dear still only 3cm' I was gutted, how could this be It was so much more painful now by 8.30pm I had lost the will to live and told my hubby to tell them to get me an epidural, which they did and they came and administered it at at 9.30, by 10pm it should have been working but by 10pm, I could still feel it quite strongly, the midwife allowed me to use the top up striaght away I told her I needed to push or poo! and so she said 'ok, lets do another internal' well yes you guessed it she said 'Joanna, your almost fully dilated were nearly ready to push', like I needed telling I could feel it!

The anethtist explained that because I was very nearly fully dilated when it was administered, it wouldnt take away the pain like it would if it had been done early on, Doh! But who cared it had taken more than just the edge off and I was about to meet my baby.

We bagan pushing at about 10.45pm and babies heart rate started to dip to 80bpm which was rather distressing so I got pushing as hard as I could and he was born at 11.27pm placed straight on me and we fed almost instantly. he looked tiny, neither me or hubby cried striaght away I think it was such a shock from thinking were going to be doing this all night to he's here. Then I had a little cry, my husband fell instantly in love, Henry Maxwell Paton weighs a modest 8lb 15oz. I have been so lucky no stitches or anything.

We came home the next day and have settled in well, he sleeps for 3-3.5hours at a time and is a gem.

A stupidly loved up Mummy and gorgeous baby x image

P.s make sure you all have somone with you for the heel prick test on day 5, it made me cry so much to hear my little man breaking his heart.

Replies

• Congratulations to you and your hubby and welcome to the world baby Henry x

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;13/st/20080930/k/111d/preg.png

• Congratulations to you both on the birth of Henry, he sounds gorgeous! image And he was the same weight as my little chap when he was born! xxxx
  • Congratulations to you hun, what a lovely name!

Han xx :\)

http://lilypie.com/pic/080703/pY5U.jpg

http://bd.lilypie.com/nPPXp1/.png

• Well done mummy on the safe arrival of baby Henry!!
  • Congratulations! Its great to hear a really positive induction experience..I'm due in 4 days but midwife really expects me to go overdue and be induced as baby is not engaging so preparing myself thats its likely..so fab to hear its not all bad..

Enjoy every minute - i cannot wait!xx
  • I know it's late but i never got to say congrats jmp, i thought i had. How are you and baby Henry doing. Isn't it funny we all ended up having boys, Minime you and me. I'm okay, I'm at home getting a bit lonely though, the weather hasn't been so great this summer so haven't really felt like going out! I wanted to ask if you were on facebook. Email me and I will send you my full name etc
  • Thanks ladies, hope everyone is doing well either waiting for or coping with there new bundles of joy.

Jess I am on Facebook, Joanna Paton is my full name and am easiest to find on leicestershire section. It can be difficult to get out and about with a lo can't it, mine is forever asleep and I don't like to wake him so don't get out that much, must admit though its saving me a fortune. 3 boys ey, 2008 boys are going to struggle finding a girlfriend when they grow up, seems to be a lot of boys this year.Look forward to seeing pics of your little man.
  • so glad all went well for you babe and i feel for you with the size of him my first born was just a quater or an oz smaller and i never had to get stitches or anything either thankfully though that was what he weighed being boen on his due date x