Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

OK - some advice about this show thing pls!!!

Hi ladies,

Erm...long story short, noticed some brown watery stains on my knickers last night, ignored it and thought wait till morning. Had shower, fresh knickers on, went sleep. Woke up this morning, went loo for a wee, noticed same again on my knickers, dried my wee with tissue and looked at tissue, brown watery stains on tissue (not mucus or slimy). Called OH just to be sure I wasnt being dramatical or imagining it and asked what he thought it looked like, he says old blood. Showed him last nights knickers and he said same, old blood.

Called midwife and told her, she said it sounds like a part show even tho theres no mucus to it but to keep an eye on it today. As long as its not bright red blood to indicate fresh bleeding not to worry.

Anyway, got daughter from school and went out to shops, just got in about 20 minutes ago and went for a wee and more brown slightly (not badly just slightly) heavier stains on knickers like old blood but not mucusy or slimy - like you get right at the end of your period. Also, been noticing some period type cramps and I feel like I wanna do a real big shit at times but I dont (if that makes sense?!) vulgar I know sorry!

Erm.... I thought a show was just like a one off thing? out and bam thats it. Does this still sound like a show? I mean can a show go on throughout the day?

Never had a show with my daughter so aint gotta clue!

Thanks, Eva

Replies

• blimey... might all be happening for you then!...
    im not sure myself so absolutely no help what so ever!.. :\?
    BUT.. ive heard that it can come away in dribs and drabs like that!..
    Check it out with your MW again!..

Its awful when you dont know isnt it!..

Let us know of any progress...
    Ive also been having period like pains on and off for 3 weeks now!!...
  • what a load of help you are :lol:

yeh, i know its such a pain when you dont know whats happening in your body, sometimes i think my belly feels a bit tight and thats when i feel the period type cramping sensations but then the baby moves and I think mmm, is it just him moving thats causing the tight feeling?! Nothing is prominent enough to make me think ahh yeh thats gotta be a contraction or the start of something - the thing is, I've had only 2 braxton hicks that I'm aware of in the whole of the last 36+2wks!
  • when i had a show it went on all day and baby came a few days later but some people have them weeks before. good luck, keep us posted!!
  • Thanx bobbysmum,

still got the discharge today altho the brown is fading slightly into more of a beige biscuit colour (actually, its kinda the colour I would have liked for my sitting room walls but can't imagine they'd be to impressed at B&Q if I went in with a pair of dirty sludgey knickers and asked them to match that colour up in the paint! :rollimage

So, I'm guessing that its def gotta be a show I've been having, one of my friends had each of her 3 children within 3 days after a show whilst another friend of mine had her daughter 3 weeks after (but also 4 weeks early!), we'll just wait and c wat happens!!!!

Eva
  • Thanks eva, after reading that I've now get wet knickers not sludgy I might add, just full of wee you funny fucker.
  • image hope you're doing your pelvic floors or you're gonna have probs with that after the little mite comes :roll:
  • I had about 3 or 4 days of brown discharge (not apologising for tmi - tough!) then a big lump came out when i went to the loo which looked really grim, all bloody and the size of a small egg (ish)

Does that help, no????
  • Claire, you should of cracked it open, there could of been a little dove eagle baby in it.
    Yes i'm doing my pelvic floor - when i remember
  • :lol: she's been eating whole kinders!
  • gr8 so basically from what you're saying, i've already got tits like udders, i look like fucking humpty dumpty and I'm gonna lay a flipping egg within the next coupla days - is that what you're saying CW
  • Pretty much.....exciting stuff innit
  • oh and then spend the rest of the pregnancy wondering "what if my baby is ugly?"
  • :lol: actually its so funny you mention that! my best mate is a hairdresser and she thought she'd have a laugh with my OH and told him that as I'm brunette and he's got mousy brown hair we're more likely to have a baby with full on ginger hair.

Then about 2 days later we were at sainsburys at the checkout and at the checkout next to us there was this guy quite fair skinned with mousy brown hair (like my OH) and then his mrs walked up next to him, like me she was quite olive skinned and brunette and in her trolley there was a baby with bright ginger hair. my OH just looked at me and started freaking out!

That was about 3months ago and he hasn't stopped going on about 'what if our baby is full on ginger' and 'what are we going to do'! lol, my other mate is full on ginger and she's never had a problem!

must state - this is my OH's issue - i have no problem with anyone who is ginger :roll:
  • I never had a show this time but i did with my first baby. I had a sticky pink blob when i went for a wee then i had the same as you are having for a few days then it stopped. I still had no baby a week later and was induced. Sounds like you have had some kind of show but it doesnt really mean the baby is coming.

Oh and good luck with the ginger thing haha.
  • with my first baby i had a bloody show, was more blood than anything else...with 2nd baby i had a show at what hospital deemed 35 weeks, then after that i had about 4 more until baby was born!
  • Eva247 - I had to comment on the ginger hair bit - I know you don't have a problem with it but tell your OH that its not the hair he has to worry about - its the temper! I have 2 redheaded daughters, and the youngest one who is nearly 2 is a right handful and kicks off big time if she doesn't get her own way!!

On your other issue about your show - I never had one with my first daughter but did with my 2nd but only after I had a sweep done by mw, that was done on a thursday, my waters then broke on the saturday and she was born early hours sunday morning - but I was also 8 days overdue!!
    Good luck Sam xx
  • :lol: thanks sam, will prewarn the OH about the fieryness!!! he makes me laugh, he's so worried that the baby's going to be ginger, then he said the other day that he hopes our baby is not ugly! lol.... my OH is such a knob image
  • eva247 - my boyfriend is ginger (not bright chucky like just like auben (sp) ) and his sister is even more ginger and there temper is really bad! Everyone keeps saying "oh what u going to do with a ginger baby" I have blonde hair so i suppose the odds are strong, but i dont mind the colour of the hair, im just worried about having to live with my boyfriend and kid with tempers hahaha
  • Good luck on the show thingy Eva.
    Just thought i'd mention - My husband only revealed 2 weeks ago that when he was little he WAS GINGER!!!!! His dad was ginger too!!!!! OMG!! I had to get that off my chest, how the fuck would I cope???? xxx Heeee heeee
  • Red hair is lovely, esp on little girls - but the temper is def something to watch out for!!

Hows the show Eva?
    Sam xx