Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

raspberry leaf capsules

Eventually got round to buying some yest. Bottle says take one 2x a day. But I have read if taking it in tea form can build up till having a few cups a day. Does anyone know if you can also do this with capsules, or is it safest to stick to what bottle says?

Alison 37+5 xx

Replies

• I find the advise on this really conflicting...mw said consult health food shop so asked two and they gave different advise. My capsules are 500mg and they say one to three a day. I had the tea before the capsules which I think are 1g and was told up to three cups a day but building slowly, one cup a week. Another health food shop told me I'd have to drink a lot of tea to get the max dosage but surely 3 1g's a day is more than three 500mg a day? Anyway, just taking the capsules at the moment. x
  • hi
    please read my warning about raspberry leaf tea in the pregnancy forum before you take them hun.take care claire
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev322pp___.png

• You could take the whole bottle and you would be fine. One capsule is equal to a cup (in tea form). Honestly, have as much as you feel you would like...1, 2, 3 a day. Its up to you really.
    RRL does not cause contractions. It does not cause you to go into labour either. All it does is tone your uterus. A strong healthy uterus is more like to work efficiantly and do that job it is supposed to do, which is birth your baby. Keep taking them after you have given birth as well to keep your uterus strong and healthy. You can stop taking them 6 weeks postpartum if you want (I know the capsules are not cheap).
  • hiya,
    can i ask where you found the capsules? i have looked everywhere i could think of.
    my last pregnancy i started taking them wen i was 3 days overdue and i was handed a handful by the woman in the next bed and was told tey would help bring on the contractions, i was quite frustrated by all the hanging around the hospital and asked a MW how many i should take, and she told me as many as i wanted at that stage, so i started popping tthem like smarties! well, i dont know whether they helpedbut my waters broke 8 hours later! and my son was born! i am now 38+4 andi'm searching high and low for them so i can gradually take these and see how i go!
    good luck with the baby! xx
  • I had been told to get them from Holland and Barrett - but couldn't find that when I went to town. Our big Tescos has a health store so eventually got them from there. Was ??7.95 for 60 capsules.
    Thanks to everyone for the advice.
    Alison xx