Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

help got 17days to go and want labour to start early in pain

got 17 days to go and wanted to know what if anything will help with starting labour early

been having alot of sex in doggy postion as i was told that the futher in the better and been eating lots of spicy food

been having alot of back ache and pelvis trouble at night thanks mel x

Replies

• hi walking is also suppose to help move things along, iwish i only had 17 days left!!

chloe 33+2
  • hi nothing really helped me but a few ppl said that u no b4 because u have a big clean up u get alot of energy, but dont no how much of that is true, i tried allsorts, both my labours started early the first 12 days and the second 3 weeks i had been out all day and had done alot of walking, i had alot of pelvic and back pain just b4, good luck, hope your lo comes soon x:\)
  • There are a huge range of things sex will only work if your cervix is already soft and efacing but still fun trying, clary sage oil in the bath or mixed with sweet almond oil and massaged into base of the back is supposed to work but ask midwife about aromotherapy oils first. Fresh pineapple don't know how, castor oil yuck yuck yuck, long up hill walks, reflexology is apparently fantastic, spending time sat on a birth ball and rocking you hips is good too. Hope this helps Jo xx
  • Hi hon, walking's probably the best thing you can do! Or sex if your cervix is already favourable. Alot of people suggest pineapple, but you have to eat roughly seven fresh ones in a go to get the right amount of chemicals! My mouth was burning after a quarter of one when my son was due, so prob not the best idea. A few people say Castor Oil, but midwives advise strongly against it and a chemist won't sell it to pregnant women for a reason, so really wouldn't go for that!
    Carly 21+4 xxx
  • thanks everyone had a mucus show last night yellowish its was horrible so things are looking promising mind you could be a couple of days or even a couple of weeks the midwife has said just going to carry on as normal and hope it wont be long been having lots of sex,long walks hot/spicy food and raspeberry leaf capsuals something if not all is working lol so hopeful this week x
  • hiya, i am due a week monday and started trying the natural things to help enduce the labour from sex, long walks, raspberry leaf tea, hot and spicy foods, bumps, pineapples, hot baths with clary sage and i even tried the castor oil last night and i have to admit that is the most discusting and awful thing to try. Its everyone's personal choice to take it if they are desperate and to be honest i was/am as i haven't had any sleep in 2 weeks because i my back, hips and legs are all sore. Can't get comfortable sitting or sleeping.. so i'm just fed up. I would advise anyone if you don't want to suffer with cramps (severe) sitting on toilet all day and unsure whether your having contractions or bad tummy then stay away from the stuff. It is absolutely awful! Never again! I've come to the conclusion that the baby is quite happy up there so i've decided that she'll come when she's good and ready... and i'll suffer abit longer cause end of the day she's worth it! xx