Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early labour first time mum!

Hello all
I just wanted to see if anyone is/has experienced this. I am due tomorrow with my first baby. I have been having contractions that are spaced anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes apart for nearly 24 hours now. They are accompanied with a strong pain like a bad period pain, It is not totally unbearable but has not got anymore intense for about ten hours now. The hosp say to wait until the pain is unbearable or they are 5 mins apart spanning over an hour or so before coming in. I am just worried that this is false labour :\? The m/w said when i called that it sounds like things are progressing well but I dont see it myself. Just to mention also my mucus plug has come out which was what made me think it was real early labour. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks xx

Replies

• Hi Jenny
    Well to me, if you have lost your plug and experiencing contractions you are on your way girl!! Well done you and good luck for a smooth delivery, your little bambino is getting into the right position before strong labour begins. Try to keep active as much as poss, walk up and down stairs for half hour if you have to. Keep us posted. good luck to you and oh. Nic x