Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Ways to bring on labour?Any ideas?!?!

Hi everybodi, im compleatly fed up, ive got 1 week to go and prepared to try anything to bring little thumper along soon
has anybody got any ideas i could try?
ive been on the respberry leaf tea and tablets, (the tea is not nice, trust me!8\) )
i will happily welcome any ideas and im sure other ladies feel the same, i hope?

Replies

• im due in 3 weeks and feel the same lol sat here drinking pure rasberry leaf tea from health shop and got some clary sage to sniff lol which ill be bathing in l8r!!! xx shattered from walking now lol
  • ive been tryin to keep walkin which seems like a good idea when i set off but 5 mins in and im doin the pregnancy wobble. lol

keep reading that havin sex is a good way of helping things along but when your feeling like a whale its not the idea of feeling sexy is it?!?

one good thing is im quite enjoyin watchin day time tv but im sure all that will change soon enough.
  • lol know what you mean about the sex thing!!! keep thinking i should, then just cant bare the thought lol
  • hi
    i have 11 days till due date and i have tried rasp leaf caps, sex (twice in a week), cleaning, walking up and down stairs, hot currys........... no sign yet babies come when they are ready i think!!! but it gets to the stage when you think enough is enough i want it out!!!! want to know what my baby is!!! xxxx
  • apparently you have to have sex up to 57 times in a 24 hour period for there to be enough prostins to take effect and send you into labour i don't know any pregnant woman who can cope with it more than once at this stage and if you know a man who can do it 57 times in 1 day FOR GOD SAKE, MARRY HIM.
  • Hahahaha!!!!! Love it!!!! x
  • I have tried curry, sex and a small gin and nothing - I think he is happy where he is and doesn't want to come out!!!!
  • ive read about quite a few things to start things off, eating pineapple, hot curries, sex, going for bumpy car rides, castor oil (although this isnt recommended), milk of magnesium, clary sage oil, walking lots, bouncing on a birthing/exercise ball, walking up and down the stairs like a crab, hand washing the floor, blowing up balloons, blue cosoh, and jasmine oil. i cant think of anymore right now. raspberry leaf and evening primrose are good for softning the cervix, however wont start labour. hope this helps. xx
  • first time round my midwife did a cervical sweep - finger through cervix and rub round the inside - wasn't pleasant and didn't work - was still 2 weeks late!
  • thanks for all your ideas, i just want to see my baby now, why is the last few weeks draggin ive had 9 months of this and now its gettin nearer its slowed down, im very impatentiant.
    ive got to have one of those sweeps in 2 weeks if it hasnt made an appearence and not looking forward to it, they dont sound nice!
  • well, i had my clary sage bath this morn!!! been having lower back ache for days now and slight cramps in my belly, possibly a clear show/or just alot of discharge, but nothing significant, feel sicky too!! hopefully if its not starting its all getting ready, mw appointment on thursday so hoping for some good news like baby being engaged or something lol xx
  • good luck!! ive still got 5 weeks left, its really dragging now! clary sage is suppost to be good, it also strenthens contractions in labour and its suppost to be a good sedative. shame it smells like wet tea bags tho!! lol xx
  • Hello,
    I have read that evening primrose oil is excellent for softening the cervix. Upto 8 capsuals a day (spaced out) recommended from 38 wks. Also, you can insert into the vagina. First pierce the capsual. BUT make sure it is extremly clean and with a sterile needle. Jasmin Oil is also good for softening the cervix. 8 drops into a 5ml pot of full cream milk, pour into a bath. I have not tried these myself yet as I am only 35+1, I will be trying this when the time comes. If you decide to try this, please let me know what you think! x x :roll::roll::roll:
  • might try this jasmine oil? or clary sage? pissed of at mo as im due next week and babys head is floating free apparently at todays mw app. fed up and in pain from walking and period pains on and off all the time. xx
  • Hayleys 1 do you have a birth ball? My Bubs head engaged after two weeks of sitting on it instead of chairs. If you're feeling sore in your pelvis it's a great pain relief to sit on the ball and slowly rotate your hips. Works for me anyway! XX
  • i think that i will definatly try the clary sage thing, it sounds like a good bet. i have 8 weeks left yet but will definatly do something if all goes to plan to get into labour, i don't want to go over due. but i have heard that stimulating your nipples for 5 minutes each side a day can also help to stimulate your uterus to contract. good luck to you all that are over due.xx
  • none of it works believe me i've tried, in 1 day i walked about 5 miles (really hard with a heffalump attached) sex twice (sorry tmi) ate a pineapple had my raspberry leaf t and had a bath in clary sage and rosemary oil and it ain't happened yet but i have had braxton hicks for days instead but went to hospital and thats all they are and i'm not dilated even a tiny bit. i've officially given up now, it'll turn up when it's ready.
  • aww sorry to hear all your efforts didnt work anitarobbo xx
  • so was i, i honestly thought if i tried them all in one day even the most stubborn baby has gotta give but no, it's still hanging on i think it's claiming squatters rights i know my due date isn't for another 2 weeks but i still think they got the dates wrong because of the m/c i had, if i had got pregnant 6 weeks after it i would have had a period but i didn't and i'm mearusing 3 weeks bigger and they have changed my dates 2 times already.....anita xx
  • hi everyone im 38 weeks pregnant and reali want to have baby now.. ive done caster oil and it was horried done rasberry teas still no sign had lots of pineapple still no sign been for walks still no sign had sex but still no sign is their anythink i can do to just speed up time??